Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow IT

Options
  • 07-11-2003 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I am in the carlow IT and as far as i can tell i must be the only gay lad in the collage . is there any one else in the IT or in carlow

Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There are others,

I think there is an LGB Society!

Contact your student union welfare or equality officer,

You might be able to find out from Tadgh O Brien National Students Union LGB Rights Officer his email address is
    lgb@usi.ie

also have a look at www.usilgb.org

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Try asking on the Carlow IT board.

PM Azezil, who is of the same disposition. Although his alma mater is Tipp Inst, and he went to school there as well, he may have and awareness of who's a bit funny on the carlow side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I was talking to someone from Carlow IT at the last pink training. PM me if you want her name, unfortunately I don't have her number.

In any case, I'm pretty sure theres a Carlow LGB soc (although I don't think theres that many members). I recommend you get in contact with them and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 purplejo

Hi
    My name is Jo and I'm in the Carlow Lgb it does exist :) we advertise our meetings in the Blurb. email me on ois23026@itcarlow.ie and I'll fill you in more if you like. Sorry you felt you were on your own :( i know a few gay people around I also know what it feels like to be gay in Carlow
    looking forward to hearing from you
    bye bye
    jo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cyperplex

its ok jo. i do know there is a society but never heard any thing back when i emailed .

But i am working on a project for gay people in carlow at the moment . its a web site that is soley designed for gay people in carlow and will give them any information they need about groups or clubs in the town. its just me working on it at the moment. so its looking like a long hawl til its done .

Owen :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 purplejo

hiya
    that sounds good a web site if you need info let me know there should be posters up around the college soon so call into the meetings? they will be in the blurb anyways. there is x-mas party going on in dub lgb might try going to it! I'll post up when the next meeting is and we can discuss it.
    Jo:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cyperplex

thats very good , i would love any info you can get me !!!! em if you and david can get me any info i will be happy to take it , At this stage i am just collecting information. I Would really like to come to an LGB meeting in the collage could you email me at cyperplex@hotmail.com with the time of the next one , If you see me round collage just give me a shout , i never see any one around ., i am kinda blind that way !!! not being rude or any thing cos if i saw you i would say hi , its just when i am walking around i am in a world of my own .!!!!

I will email you a proposed site layout and content soon when its ready !!! Any input would be great!!!

Hi to every one for me !!

Oh i am movin out of no 24 next week , its very depressin!!! any the ones that replaced you in no 20 are really noisy !!! we dont get along !!! any way's emails me .. later !!!

Advertisement