Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freeview in Co. Mayo?

• 07-11-2003 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Can you get Freeview in Co. Mayo?

I know it is a long shot but my cousin in the UK has won a 2nd Freeview box and is offering it to me, as I'm always complaining about the terrestrial picture quality!, but will it actually work in Co. Mayo?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Not satellite, moved to Terrestrial.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Smeagol

Generally very tough chance. I've seen Freeview working in the Colooney area, I have much difficulties here in Dromahaire Co. Leitrim to get all Muxes from Brougher Mtn. If you get a 90-100% analogue picture on C4 from Brougher (not a deflector) you are in with a chance. Plus, it will also depend on the box's tuner sensitivity. What brand?
    But everything is possible, my mate here in Co. Leitrim is picking up Freeview very stronly from Divis, with a 70ft. mast, though.:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Remember Brougher is only 500watts on the digital muxes
    Also looking at the channel numbers one can see clashes with the Analouge transmissions from Castlebar on 23 29 and 33 (25Kw Horizontally polorised)
    Divis BBC 29 Co-Channel Interference from RTE1 Castlebar
    Divis ITV/C4 33 Co-Channel Interference from RTE2 Castlebar
    Divis SDN 23 Co-Channel Interference from TG4 Castlebar
    Divis B 26 2300w on Digital Mux
    Divis C 48 1000w on Digital Mux (not in Group A)
    Divis D 34 800w on Digital Mux
    Brougher Mountain BBC 30 500w on Digital Mux
    Brougher Mountain ITV/C4 34 64QAM
    Brougher Mountain SDN 23 Co-Channel Interference from TG4 Castlebar
    Brougher Mountain B 26 500w on Digital Mux
    Brougher Mountain C 29 Co-Channel Interference from RTE1 Castlebar
    Brougher Mountain D 33 Co-Channel Interference from RTE2 Castlebar

To cap it all there could be co-channel beteween ITV (Brougher) and Mux D Divis on Ch 34 as ITV are still using 64QAM this would negate the extra distance the Mux D signal would be travelling

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Smeagol

Good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭muffinhead

sorry I don't speak your language - please can I have it in English?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Basically even if you could get a freeview signal in Mayo it at least half the channels would suffer interference from the RTE Castlebar relay ?

Advertisement