Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holiday pay

• 07-11-2003 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Don't know if anyone can help me with this, but i recently quit my job (pub work-i'm a student), i gave no notice because i didn't sign a contract and my boss is a prick.
    But i am owed holiday pay am i still entitled to it?

There is a new boss and he said before that it was not up to him to pay it because he was leasing the pub from the old boss (subletting). he says it is up to our old boss even though i have worked for the new boss for over five months now. The new boss has had the pub in his name for a few weeks now, ie, not subletting anymore.
    It is my view that as i didn't sign a contract with either boss, that my new boss is entitled to pay me my holiday pay.
    I know this is complicated - sorry but the new guy is such an ass that i really want to get that money off him.
    Should i just head down to the citzens advice centre or is it a waste of time. i am owed about a week and a half pay.

thanks gogo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ok,

Firstly was your employer paying PRSI and deducting tax from your wages?

On your P2 cert of tax credits there should be the name of your employer. Go after him.

If you get no joy there, contact the labour inspectorate who will investigate for you and will recover yor holiday pay. email inspectorate@entemp.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Just as a very rough guide you are entitled to 8% of your overall earnings for holiday pay. Its all covered under the organisation of working time act (for links on that see the thread are there laws etc)

Yes its 8% of gross pay or 1.6 days wages per month of service. The 8% method is usually used.
    Note holiday pay is subject to the normal tax and PRSI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

so even part-time people can get holiday pay? Iv been working in a place for about 5 months for 3/4 days a week, and they say i can't get holiday pay? so they are wrong and i should be entitled to it?

Originally posted by eclectichoney
    so even part-time people can get holiday pay? Iv been working in a place for about 5 months for 3/4 days a week, and they say i can't get holiday pay? so they are wrong and i should be entitled to it?

Yes you are entitled to holiday pay at 8% of wages. If thy wont pay give the labour inspectorate a ring. See earlier post for contact details.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Just to confirm that the holiday pay is related to the hours you work and not the category of employment. for example I do a bit of teaching two evenings a week and I get holiday pay for the weekly six hours that I teach. But again I suppose I am lucky to work for a good employer in that I dont have to claim it or anything I just get as a matter of course.

Advertisement