Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GI Jessica says "Enough!"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Sparks
    And now, the latest twist...

(What was that about how the Iraqis were scurrilous dogs that treated her awfully?)

That's rather unfair Sparks. It's tantamount to saying that women who wear short skirts and low-cut tops are asking for it and really shouldn't be surprised if they get raped.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Originally posted by sceptre
    That's rather unfair Sparks. It's tantamount to saying that women who wear short skirts and low-cut tops are asking for it and really shouldn't be surprised if they get raped.
    I don't know where the hell you're getting that from, I was pointing out that while the stories were that she was treated badly by the Iraqis, the americans are the ones who are really treating her badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://home.eircom.net/content/irelandcom/topstories/1941617?view=Eircomnet
    Dr Shwail said he saw no signs of rape but neither was he looking for them. "The thought did not cross my mind. Her injuries were consistent with severe trauma, a car crash, nothing else . . . There is no way she could have been raped."

The rest of the article seems to suggest there is an element of sensationalism in the whole thing (perhaps to get books sold?). Not sure if it's a book I'd want for Christmas if it includes rape.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Sparks
    I don't know where the hell you're getting that from
    Ah, my mistake. Apologies

Advertisement