Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

filenames and types....

Options
  • 28-09-1999 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Right. I need to know what the following are.
    They are from an evalustion version of a game, but I can't get it to work.

All of the zip files (14) contain three more zip files (that's more zips than a hells-angel convention!)...each of which contains,

*.nfo files (various names)
    cls-sys.c# (where #is a number)
    and a file_id.diz file

so, wtf do I do now?

oh yeah, and I went out and bought TS in the end (actually as a present for someone else.. so i was in fact an evaluation version...).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

righto, this is easy if you have the right proggies.

unzip everything into one directory.

go to www.winace.com and d/l the ace archiver thingy and install it.

Go back to the dir where you unzipped all the files to. There should be 1 file ending in the extension .ace, cls-sys.ace or whatever. Double click on that and the ace archiver will run. Yes i know what your thinking, "wtf is it in German?" smile.gif, this doesnt matter, all the functions are in the same place and you can make sense of the words. Anyway extract everything (its handier to do it to a seperate dir), then bobs your uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Bang on Hecate. Just for information, The *.nfo files are just signature files for various individuals. *.c# files are the winace archives, and the file_id.diz file is the master archive list file.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

u cheap warez **** smile.gif

hey, its a form of ART smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

.nfo files are where the cool h@><0r doodz put their "greetz" and other such irrelevant crap. Best opened with Ms-dos's edit so you can see the |33t logo's made out of ascii.

HACK DER PLANET!! wink.gif

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

well, after all that I got an access violation error message when I tried to run it.

Thanks anyway lads.

J.

you probably need a password or somthing.

oh and btw, is there any way to bend over these extremely annoying sites that insist on linking to their files through layers of cgi and Javascript?, meaning you cant just slap em all in getright and go to sleep. 47 files manually d/l'ed?, I dont think so.

For educational purposes only of course smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

and don't forget to delete them after 24hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I usually use a program called Teleport pro to download entire sites for offline browsing, but it's also handy if the files you want are all in the one place. Sort of fire and forget....

Advertisement