Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jazz Forum?

Options
  • 07-11-2003 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Looking through the music list of forums I recently realised there is no jazz forum....Jazz is a very popular style of music and Im sure theres some jazz fans on boards...thing is I dont know that much about Jazz but I am trying to get into it as I getting very interested in Jazz drumming..But I would like to hear about good jazz records, gigs, opinions, etc.Maybe Im not the best person to be mod..but id be very interested in reading what people have to say... is there any support for such a forum???
    all in favour say aye
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

AYE!
    hear hear!
    i like jazz and the blues....
    be cool if there would be a forum for it...

*NUDGE*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

ty... anymore such support?:)
    Jazz is one of the major music genres...Im surprised Boards still hasen't got a forum for it

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

yes!! the mod would want to be a big Jazz buff.... i'd love this as i love jazz but i havnt a clue what artists to check out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Hey cat! Simmer down man! Your squareness isn't hip*

*Jazz sucks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Yeah, a jazz forum would be cool. Maybe Juno could be admin, hmm? Ba bo bee ba bop ba boom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Jesus. Just post in the Music/Radio forum.
    At the rate things are going there'll have been a forum request for every genre of music by Christmas.
    Speaking of Christmas, I think we should have a board dedicated to Christmas songs. I know it only happens once a year but, you know, new songs come along and well we could discuss what could be number one for Christmas and also previous number ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

cosby.jpg

"These kids today with their rap musik... they go a-hippin' and a-hoppin' and a-bippin' and a-boppin'... they just don't know what the JAZZ is all ABOUT. Ya see, JAZZ musik is like Jello pudding... or your basik Kodak film"

I like jazz, I dont know how much traffic such a board would get, I dont meet that many people day to day that profess similar musical inclinations.

I support this for whatever my 2c is worth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Could be interesting. It's a good idea to try a seperate forum for Jazz so we can keep away from the rest of the riff-raff though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by echomadman

"These kids today with their rap musik... they go a-hippin' and a-hoppin' and a-bippin' and a-boppin'... they just don't know what the JAZZ is all ABOUT. Ya see, JAZZ musik is like Jello pudding... or your basik Kodak film"

roffle! :D

Best ****ing laugh all day.

Although, I'm listening to some nice prog-jazz right now myself.
    A band from Finland called Farmakon, great Opeth-style vibe going on.

orriginally posted by Makaveli
    Jesus. Just post in the Music/Radio forum
    This isn't like punk or metal or alternative rock...Jazz isn't a subsiduary of a music style... It is a music style. A huge and very influencial one at that. It deserves a forum just as much as classical does..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

But I don't think there should be a Classical forum either. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

Gene Krupa & Buddy Rich would be proud....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

jazzclub.jpg
    Niiice!

Thumbs up here, could be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

I heartily endorse this product and/or service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

what he said^^ ..
    noOb thread would be good. .i like some jazz iv heard but know nothing about it or how to get more like it. .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by echomadman
    cosby.jpg
    A funny person once said "Bill Cosby is the whitest man who ever lived."

True. True.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

....er Back on Topic. It would be a quiet board I suspect
    but thats okay as we can then hear the clever bits in the noodling! ;) (me Jazz fan to a point so I can say that!)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

It's got my support. I'm a big fan of jazz, both listening and playing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Needless to say you've got my support! :D

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Jazz/Blues Forum , ah yes sounds excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

lol
    nice subliminal messages:p

Any prospective mod should know who Buddy Rich & Gene Krupa were and must have heard of Alvin Queen.

Well we've had a good bit of support for this forum. (assuming that it is approved..).Are there any volunteers for mods? Needless to say you'd need to have a good knowledge of jazz artists..and a big interest in it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

excellent idea.... thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by Sauron
    Well we've had a good bit of support for this forum. (assuming that it is approved..).Are there any volunteers for mods? Needless to say you'd need to have a good knowledge of jazz artists..and a big interest in it..

Try making it Jazz / Blues so it encompasses more styles.

In any case, I approve this.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

"Jazz / Blues" it is.

Created.

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore
    "Jazz / Blues" it is.

Created.

DeV.
    It's not showing up in the menu for me yet, but it is showing up here

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Nav is updated over night... .wont show up until morning.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

So, any chance you need a mod, could be interesting modding a real music forum!

• Advertisement

Yeah alright, I'll think about it :):)
    (but only cos you're a mod of a musical board already.... dont anyone get to thinkin' that harrassing me for mods is a good plan!)

DeV.

Advertisement