Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So whadya think of tempest

Options
  • 29-09-1999 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Just wonderin what everyone thinks of the new dm map in UT, I like it, it's the first proper team dm map in the demo. I think they still have a way to go to get to the level of id's maps but I suppose we didn't see the proper Q2 dm maps till after the game was released. If we could just have id's maps and UT's gameplay we'd be laughin, still ya can't have everything.......... where would ya put it

shank@quake.ie
    news.quake.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

tis a bit better, but, *sigh*, its just not, well ...

like q3test1 for instance (or the qw and q2 dm maps), these have a definate "shape", a nice "built with a plan" feel to them. theres a certain "flow" about them. i don't think this is an adversion to something new, its the same with custom q2 maps. some feel right almost immediately, others don't.

so far the only ut map i really like is the second dm one, the one on the space station, the level sortof flows from the top down in a nice spiral to the small open area at the bottom where the RL is. its not perfect, but its def the best of the bunch.

having said that, this hasn't stopped me playing ut, but i think it will impact on its longevity if this is the type of map design in the final product.

also having doubts about the duel fire nature of a number of the weapons. theres a "proper" mode, then theres a newbie "spam" mode.

ButcherOfNog
    Hot Internet Virgins
    clans.quake.ie/hiv
    butcherofnog@quake.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

would the maps from the beta work with the demo?
    it'd be nice to try out some other maps, if someone wants to upload them to some webspace somewhere i'd be reeel apreciative wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

mmmmm, Redeemer on secondary fire smile.gif

Noggie having seen many more maps in the beta than whats in the demo, there are some good ones in there alright, at least better than whats in the demo. so we live in hope.

looks to me like UT is gonna be a more team-oriented game anyway, with the ffa there in case you fancy a quick thrash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Thats something i really like about the weps, it's almost like having instant wep change, gives u more to think about while your spammin' smile.gif. As for the pulse gun, thats just fookin genius, I've yet to see a better wep.

shank@quake.ie
    news.quake.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Aye, I'm fond of the second fire myself. Makes the whole thing much more interesting, especially the "special" on the ASMD.

You can trigger that special in instagib mode! Shoot someone elses' bolt and it triggers a mad big instagib shockwave.... VERY difficult to do but well worthwhile smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement