Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toys for boys at rds

• 08-11-2003 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

i was in the rds today, eircom had about 10 pcs set up promoting istream, i set the homepage on 1 pc to utv clicksilver sign up, guy in a blue top changed it back within 5 mins

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Is the show as crap as it was last year ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

How about editing Lmhosts ?
    66.114.98.2 www.eircom.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I read at the last thing someone had put the browser to full screen F11 and the guy had to reboot the machine!!

I think I'm going tomorrow shall ask a LOT of questions and try to annoy them as much as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by Ste-
    I think I'm going tomorrow shall ask a LOT of questions and try to annoy them as much as possible.

Their main technical guy there is a scream :)

I had a good chat with him. He wasnt aware there was a difference between kilobit(Kb) and kilobyte(KB) and tried to convince me that the terms were in fact interchangable and the same(honestly). :rolleyes:

He was insisting that the machines on display was running a residential soho dsl 512. But I showed him downloading a file at a steady 102KBs (internet explorer - 8:15pm ) and couldnt convince him that this was actually over 800Kbs - well over the 512 theoritical max and I suggested they were being dishonest demoing this as the actual residential dsl you get when you signed up.

If you see him (guy in blue sweater uniform - not the sales guy in a suit) - slag him at bit :)

But the offer of the XBox for 79 euros if you sign up is very tempting...

ozmo.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

fenris
    show wasn't brilliant, but its not crap, god lads the women there!
    2 sexy lady santas in mini skirts, 2 birds in tight black leathers, there was 3 at a car mod stand in tight white shirts, and mini, now they were toys 4 boys

capt n' i haven't a clue what that means,sorry

ste-
    i work in a multinational company, that makes pc's and one of the it guys once told me, "if you turn the refresh rate too high on a pc and the screen turns off, you have to re-install the os, becuase you cant see it to change it back" idiot

ozmo,
    god i never thought to check its download speed or pings, would have been good to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

you could try check the ping iswell to clarity.jolt.co.uk

if its about 60 then you can damn well put money that its not the res radsl package on display

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

btw, that Xbox offer is really pi$$ing me off, I would of bought it if I knew it was on offer for that cheap price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by ando
    btw, that Xbox offer is really pi$$ing me off, I would of bought it if I knew it was on offer for that cheap price

Eircom stores are doing a similar offer up til christmas.
    Its 99 euros for an xbox with dsl connection (and the usual free modem,connection and 1st month free).

I dont think you get anything with the xbox.

Q: Do you need this Live (60 euros) to play on the internet? It looks just like a head set and a cd in the box. Do you _need_ a live subscription or does it just make things easier?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

2 sexy lady santas in mini skirts, 2 birds in tight black leathers, there was 3 at a car mod stand in tight white shirts, and mini, now they were toys 4 boys

hm...maybe i should go..:D

• Advertisement

Originally posted by ozmo
    Eircom stores are doing a similar offer up til christmas.
    Its 99 euros for an xbox with dsl connection (and the usual free modem,connection and 1st month free).

I dont think you get anything with the xbox.

Aparently you also get two games (halo and midtown madness) a small type controler and a two month trial of xbox live.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

There is a good deal on in Game at the moment.. seen this in game in grafton st..

xbox with 4 games
    - halo
    - midtown madness 3
    - Medal of Honour front line
    - Splinter Cell

i think that was with 2 controllers as well...

all for €209

if you bought the games seperatly it would cost around the same.... good deal i think...

Advertisement