Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the difference between the Diamond Viper V770 and the Ultra one?

Options
  • 29-09-1999 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

i remember reading a comparison between the two somewhere, and I think the conclusion was that there aint much difference smile.gif

Viper's a sh1te card anyway, get a Xentor, its only £20 more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

Any chance you could get me one for less that £100.

Anyway how come Diamond have labeled one as a TNT2 Ultra and the other one is just a TNT2?

You'll see if you go to the Diamond Website that there is a Diamond Viper V770 and a Diamond Viper V770 Ultra.

[This message has been edited by Helv (edited 29-09-99).]

Just checked the Dell webpage and there is a diference of £60 between the TNT2 Ultra and the TNT2. What is the difference? Both are 128 bit, right? Could it be faster memory???

Sorted. Is the clock speed. The 'regular' is 125/150 while the Ultra is 150/183 and you can up it to 175/200 with some software util you get with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

the xentor32 one comes clocked to 175/183 (default tnt2-ultra clock speed according to nvidia is 150/175 core/memory speed)

Yeak, ok Sam, but what is the difference between the 2 Diamond ones? Do they charge an extra wad of cash merly because the thing is underclocked? An extra fan would cost £8 and its not ment to be too hard to clock.

• Advertisement

[****e]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

u monkeys the normal tnt2 have 16mb ram and the tnt2ultra has 32

WEH

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

Neeeeiiiigghh , the ultra is like sam said a higher clocked card other than that there is no difference , btw there are 32meg non ultras, check out http://www.insight.com/cgi-bin/bp/68639784/uk/result.html?a=s&f=p&d=&t=A&c=B&mm=diamond&hp=&k=&mp=[/url/

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

made an *****of the url thing , bollix anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The Diamond Viper V770 _is_ a TNT2 Ultra.

Nice performance - there's a tiny difference in the stats between it and the Xentor, but not enough to be noticable. I'm running a V770 and I'm very pleased with it.... Then again, I did get it for less than a hundred quid smile.gif

Ja,
    Rob

• Advertisement
Advertisement