Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just built new machine. heeellllppp!

Options
  • 08-11-2003 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

max payne 2 agp. 9600 pro
    hi i just installed Max payne 2.. as it finished it said that my AGP acceleration is not turnded on?

i recently bought a new comp.

mobo.. (not the best but ok) asus A7N8X-X and the graphic card is radeon 9600 pro atlantis.

where do i check to see is it is enabled..

as far as i can see in bios, it is..

any help would be greatly appreciated
    ive checked a few things.
    when i run redline, it tells me AGP is Disabled

in 3dmark03 it has total AGP memory 0

also in advanced settings
    under the details of the driver it has

Bus type 2x 4x and 8x
    and current bus setting 0

under the SMARTGART(tm) tab where the AGP settings are,
    current agp speed 4x (when 8 is avaiulable)
    and fast write is off. i tried to change this but it reverted.

if any1 knows the best bios settings also that would be great. i have a barton 2500+ and the ram is twinmos twister pc3200, 400mhz? i belive, not sure.

i want to overclock the barton. and i want to get it running at 400mhz fsb? if this is possible.

once again i stand to be corrected, but it will all run faster if the ram and the cpu are running at the same fsb..

this is the first machine i have built and would really appreciate the help.

and for the sympathy vote, my car got rear ended on the way home from work 2nite. and i have wikid neck ache and my head feels numb and heavy.. so im finding it hard to cope and getting frustrated easily.. please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I posted in Komplett so I'm not sure wheter you will read this in there or not...

OfflerCrocGod, from Komplett forum
    If you have an AMD which I think you do by the name of your MB make a file called

largePageMinimum.reg

inside it place this text.....

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
    "LargePageMinimum"=dword:ffffffff

then just click on it and say yes go to dxdiag and check if AGP Texture Accleration is enabled. In run type dxdiag and then go to the display tab, make sure you give dxdiag time to load everything!. You then may want to restart your computer I'm not actually sure if you need to..... I think this could help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

With your setup there 400Mhz FSB should be easy enough. The CPU wont be a limiting factor , its all down to the board and the ram (also PSU sometimes).

You might have to increase your Vdimm (ram voltage) a notch or two, and mabye the chipset voltage (although i dont thing the A7N8X allows you to do this in the BIOS so should prob ignore this).

Your processor will prob need a little more Vcore voltage if your poping it up to 2.2ghz (11x200 Xp3200+) , depending on your cooling. Post more details like cooling and PSU......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

ok
    board: a7n8x-x
    cpu: amd athlon xp 5200+ (barton)
    ram: Tinmos Twister pc3200 ddr400 x2 256MB

erm,

checked dxdaig and it says
    agp texture acceleration not available..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

oh and cooling
    i have a Cooler Master CPU-Fan Socket A/7/FCPGA

and that twister ram is CL2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Id say you should have a good chance of running at 200mhz FSB, watch your Ram, you might have to loosen the timings or up the Vdimm voltage to make it stable (you might not have to at all).
    CPU wise watch your temps, dont increase the Vcore over 1.75v (that would be my MAX with your setup).

Its sort of hit and miss with overclocking, if you have great cooling , great PSU, great mobo, then chances are you will have great results specially if you get a good chip. All of these can be limiting factors bear that in mind...........

Loki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

PAPILLION I have put up a quick explanation as to what the reg hack is, in the Komplett forum, for It's not detailed but I think your Max Paine problem is not hardware related it is to do with you software!. I found something on the ASUS website scroll down to amdagp.zip file it says for win2k but it should work with WinXP(waffle waffle waffle:D). Try it man!, the file is exactly what I just told you, it's just a reg key.

Registry key for AGP application on AMD Athlon in Win2000 (for K7M, K7M-RM, K7V, K7V-RM, A7V)

Advertisement