Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apologies for the non-quake question but..

Options
  • 29-09-1999 4:11pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I need a quick answer wizkids. Is it possible to recover deleted files/folders when they have been completely deleted. i.e. gone recycle bin?

M

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

The old dos prog undelete.exe still works afaik. All you have to do now is get your hands on a copy.

Draco

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Ta Draco but undelete only finds 4 recoverable files (there are many).

M

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Undelete only works on FAT based disks afair. Also not sure, but if it got moved to the recycle bin and deleted you may be SOOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

If you can get your hands on Norton utilities, it's got an very good undelete program. But it's my guess that the files have already been overwritten. And even installing Norton may overwrite them sad.gif

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 29-09-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

debug the empty(marked as empty) sectors and write out the bits ya need smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement