Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shyness and Sadness

• 08-11-2003 3:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ive got some issues atm with da Women as it were, I can talk to most girls in the group im in easy enough and I get on really well and talk to them a lot . But "and their is always a but" Im in 6th year atm and their is a perticular person i like(waits for groans). Anyway i only have a few classes a week with her so im nervous about it. I build my self up to talk to her and i cant quite find the moment I cant even think of anything to say, Lately i can fake Confidence with most people so its grand. I dont think im physically attractive really but im not a dog "there is nothing wrong with you " was how it was put once. What should i do , I dont have much to loose. Would any girl be freaked out if i sat next to her and just started chatting or would you smell guys intentions right off. Its getting my kind of depressed as i havnt had a girlfriend yet and its "normal" to have one , anyway thats all i have really . Thx a Million

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Beffore i say this please note that i'm piseed off my head. ~Get over ur ****ing shyness, it's bull****e, it's not real, it's in your head. get over it. Acutallly forget it theres. Walk around like its not there. And especially get over this girl, get with some other girl. When the girl u like sees u with some other girl, she'll realise, what a catch u are and will notice u. It's all in ur best interestt. most of all do something!!! ARggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

...try not to give advice again under the influence.
    Shyness is indeed in your head, but it cant really be shaken out by simply telling it to do so. And theres the constant fear of "what if she tells my mates and they goul at me, what if she has a bf and he gives me a slap, what if..." ect ect.

Try get to know her, get her phone number ect, try joke about going out with her sometime and see how she follows it up.

Best of luck.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

CivilServant try not to post in PI while under the infulance
    mmkky?

He does have a point though, time to tell yourself that you are the bees knees and the spiders ankles, kick that shyness in the ass and walk up to her like she'd be a fool not to want you*

*I am however, not responsible if this does not work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

yeah u just need to take control of the situation distance ureself from the emotion, look at it from a 3rd person and everything should be a lot easier to take in also if u do feel ureself start to get nervious 3 deep breaths usually does the trick

<---- 400th post do i get a Prize??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Originally posted by thomasmckinless
    yeah u just need to take control of the situation distance ureself from the emotion, look at it from a 3rd person and everything should be a lot easier to take in also if u do feel ureself start to get nervious 3 deep breaths usually does the trick

<---- 400th post do i get a Prize??

sure you do a chance to make it 401 what more do you want ?

back on topic.....it doesn't seem to me like your a shy person at all...your just fearfull of been rejected by this girl in particular as you like her so much...

the thing is what have you to loose ? you don't have her now anyway so if she says no....nothing changes you still don't have her.....if she says yes.....well not only do you have her you'll get over this fear and not be afraid to ask someone else... teh win! etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ganam

Try and find out what she's interested in and if there's anything you have in common (even slightly), you have your in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

fair enough but would she know what i was about right away, i mean are girls freaked if u sit beside them and talk or what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

What should i do

Query a mutual female friend of your's and her's on the status of said friend, ensuring you put across your own amourous intent.

Women being what they are, this intermediary will blab, the fact that you fancy this girl. At this point, you can allow the knowledge of you fancying said other party sink into the target females head, without walking up to her and making a tit out of yourself.

You remain, aloof and thus desirable.

Or she totally blows you off.... no pun.

Advertisement