Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource Downtime

• 08-11-2003 7:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Helooo Folks

Suffered a very long down time since I connected to Netsource months ago. Had been disconnected around 7pm Friday for at least 3 to 5 hours. Back online now (I tried at 5am Sat). As for sure, Netsource did not give any warnings (if that was a maintenance) nor e-mail me for what had happened. I'm around IFSC and wonder if anybody else suffered this problem.

Mart_Max

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ahh! So it wasn't just me! I also suffered hours of downtime and was wondering what the hell happened. And I'm also in the IFSC! Back to normal now. Glad to hear it wasn't anything that *I* did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Nitrox

Same here, also in the IFSC....
    Discovered it after the support lines had closed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭visigoth

Scarey. I'm on Netsource.
    Never had any problems with the connection. Out in Kildare here. But the thought of downtime... *shudder*

I think I'd pull my own teeth out if it went down...
    Precious, my precious, precious BB...

Visi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Got reply from Netsource :

" We did not receive any other reports of outages so it's likely that your outage was either related to your phone line or else it's likely that Eircom were doing works in the area. If it happens again, let us know the exact times and dates so that we can contact Eircom about it - just in case it's an intermittent fault on your telephone line. "

I am sure that it wasn't just me and my phone line. Is there anybody else would agree with me?

Phone line worked.

And how come we know have THREE IFSC customers who got outed for the same time period!! What are the chances of that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MrB

Originally posted by ixoy
    Phone line worked.

And how come we know have THREE IFSC customers who got outed for the same time period!! What are the chances of that?

High if it was Eircon doing work on the lines into the IFSC, just like Netsource said.

Originally posted by MrB
    High if it was Eircon doing work on the lines into the IFSC, just like Netsource said.

But we don't know that they were - the regular phone lines were fine anyway. I think conspiracy theories are more fun...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Hi Folks

Again during the weekend, my Netsource connection suffered internet connection problem. I logged some of the problem details :

22/11/2003 Sat 12:30pm - 12:45pm
    22/11/2003 Sat 13:14pm - 13:26pm
    22/11/2003 Sat 14:37pm - 14:49pm
    22/11/2003 Sat 15:42pm - 15:53pm
    23/11/2003 Sun 06:08am - 06:24am
    23/11/2003 Sun 06:28am - 06:40am
    23/11/2003 Sun 06:40am - 06:55am
    23/11/2003 Sun 07:15am - 07:25am
    23/11/2003 Sun 07:40am - 07:54am
    23/11/2003 Sun 08:11am - 08:20am
    23/11/2003 Sun 09:51am - 10:01am
    23/11/2003 Sun 11:07am - 11:19am

Possible some other time that the problem occured when I wasn't around at my PC. I am in IFSC area. Phone line worked fine and my workstation was connected to Netsource. EXCEPT that there was no respond from netsource servers (DNS, gateway, watever).

Mart_max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I to noticed a downtime on Netsourse over the weekend. Seemed to be 11am to after 12pm on both Saturday and Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

It was up and down like a *****'s knickers :( on Saturday, but these were generally short periods. It was gone (for me) Sunday morning from 12.45am to about 9.45am, or so says my keep alive proggy (which works on 15 minute intervals until a failure then goes to 1 minute retries :D).

From other threads it appears to have been an Eircom issue because customers of other services have reported similar problems here.

D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

same here, up and down most of Saturday and Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

apparently and 'Eircom' router had gone rogue over the weekend - kept rebooting itself say Netsource Support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

bullshit

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

lollypop, it was the gremlins lads! don't worry, it's NOT our fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 thomasb

One of the Eircom BASes was in fact rebooting several times over the weekend - thereby disconnecting all users connected through it.

Problem has gone away now - I understand Eircom have upgraded the code on that BAS or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by thomasb
    One of the Eircom BASes was in fact rebooting several times over the weekend - thereby disconnecting all users connected through it.

Problem has gone away now - I understand Eircom have upgraded the code on that BAS or something.

Don't eircom alert those they wholesale to of outages like this? Is it too much to ask that you have a service status page like all the ISP's in the UK do, or do Eircom just refuse to give prior warnings or alerts?

I was also up and down over the weekend and, yes, also IFSC. What's with us lot and Netsource...

Advertisement