Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

renew norton

Options
  • 08-11-2003 8:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

i bought a ne laptop 2 months ago but already norton want me to renew the software 20 € :( ? what is to be done to stop this from happening :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

what version norton and windows has it got, you get a year with norton antivirus 2002, but there is a way around that :D

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Ways and means my friend, ways and means. ;-) Legal route would be to download some free software to take nortons place. Or, if you have back ups you can wipe the drive and start again.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I *think* that Norton only give 90 days service with their products if they are bundled with a machine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Is AVG still free - the latest version just looks like a 30 day trial...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    Is AVG still free - the latest version just looks like a 30 day trial...
    still free

P.S. You have to register the software (they send a key) so you must use a valid email address, they dont bug you with spam though. (Havent received a single email - except the one with the key - from them since registering with them a few months ago)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Clicky

'Nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Einstürzende, you should probably kill that link.

LastIrishMonkey, someone posted here or on the Technology board how to get around it, but imo you should use AVG. Norton is extremley bloated imo and AVG does the same job - just better!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

F-Prot Antivirus for DOS is free for personal use

F-Prot Antivirus for Linux / BSD Workstations is FREE for use by personal users on personal workstations

http://www.f-prot.com/products/home_use/linux/
    http://www.f-prot.com/products/home_use/bsd/
    http://www.f-prot.com/products/corporate_users/dos/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Get a hold of the coporate verison.:ninja:

No need to pay for updates, and updates take about 30 secs.

Advertisement