Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tint in bottom left side of screen..

• 08-11-2003 8:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

After I did something...rather silly which involved klite,I got a virus on my machine.. W32.kwbot.F.worm to be precise. I booted in safe mode, deleted the .dat file with the worm encrypted into it, but it seems to have copied itself somewhere else on my system. One thing Im noticing is a constant tint on the bottom left of my screen... Its currently on my start menu, and is a green-ish tint. On blue (my login screen), it comes up as pink. And theres no words to describe how irritating it is.

Any chance someone can help me out with getting rid of this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Any magnet-based devices near your monitor? Speakers etc? Move them away and see if it changes. And degauss. Otherwise your monitor might need to be serviced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I had a Gateway ev700 that did the same thing. The bottom left hand corner went like that. I just put it down to me moving the mon from my house to a friends house and got damage along the way. It was about 2 years old when it happend and only lasted another year before it did not want to turn on any more.

So what im saying is that your mon might be on its way out, then again it might not only time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

My admitedly ancient monitor has a discoloured area at the bottom right and the screen sometimes "flexes" and quivers. Its on the way out!

Mike.

Advertisement