Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 1.06 on PC

Options
  • 22-09-1999 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Howdi,

I just bought Quake 1.01 for PC, and updated it to 1.06. I used to play Quake on the Mac a lot but now I'm on PC.

Does anyone know how to get (mouselook) to be ON constantly, not bound to a key, and is it possible to bind a key to (crouch). I've searched all the options and it is not obviously visible to me, like it was on the Mac.

Thanks for any advice. Zeon

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

There is no crouch option in the original Quake I'm afraid. The "+mlook" command sets mouse-look on.

M

[This message has been edited by musician (edited 22-09-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

+Mlook at the console for mouselook, no crouch tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

FYI you have to type that ("+mlook") at the console, which is pulled down by hitting ` (above the tab key, left of 1).
    Or create a txt file in quake\id\ called autoexec.cfg and put it in there.

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

do you think i need to type in the fact that you have to type in +mlook at the consol to get mouse look on or do you think that the three previous posts all sayiong the same thing may have helped?

bloody plagerism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Zeon

So what do I have to do again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

type "+mlook" at the console inside quake, or put the line

+mlook

in your config file.

My last message was a joke...

I get it now.

you have to press the console key before you type +mlook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

So have you pressed the console key then?

now type +mlook.

i will post more instructions soon

• Advertisement

OK,I typed +mlook, and hey presto it worked, Wohoo. So then I joins the irish servers and guess what! Theres nobody freakin playing.

Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Try quake.indigo.ie, after about 6.00pm.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

Jaden ya big muppet, you didn't tell him how to get the mouselook working.

Soz Zeon, very unhelpful chaps around here!

You just pull down the console and type +mlook.

Regards,

Troj.

Oh yes, find the autoexec.cfg file in quake/id1 folder, and type "+mlook" as a line in it.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

P.S. Has anyone else noticed that Trojan looks like Dr. Evil? smile.gif Sod you muppet boy.

You'd want to watch it Jaden, when I get angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset... people die!
    :|

Troj.

PS: Don't forget to put +mlook on a line by itself in quake\id1\autoexec.cfg, got that?

Trojan,
    As a long standing member of the Quake community, I thought that YOU of all people would have the cop and, and maturity not to mis-inform newer Quake players when they ask simple questions. This elitist attitude you have, had better stop, or the Quake community as a whole wil react to your repeated attempts to disrupt harmony. For the last time, mouse look is enabled by putting +mlook on a line by itself in quake\id1\autoexec.cfg.

People like you, and that sap newbie Slosh spamming the boards, will be dealt with, in the harshest possible manner.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

Jaden,

I believe that the details of my quake life are inconsequential. Please do not spam the boards with this or I will have you tortured in the unnecessarily slow-moving dipping mechanism! Don't threaten me, I didn't spend six years in Evil Medical School to be called "mister," thank you very much.

Zeon, don't mind that fool, type "+mlook" at the console inside quake, or put the line

+mlook

in your config file (cheers Koopa).

This is Trojan, signing off.

no, you have to type +mlook after you bring down the console
    it wont work otherwise

[This message has been edited by Koopa (edited 23-09-99).]

Namastae Sam!

You left a bit out - you have to type ` to pull down the console, before typing "+mlook" (that's for turning on "Mouse-Look" Zeon btw, it lets you turn around and look up & down with the mouse you see).

Hopefully this helps you get to the bottom of the problem! Now those capitalist swine can get what they deserve, eh komrades? Da!

Trojan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement