Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Rumours Livverpool

• 08-11-2003 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

According to german newspaper reports, Liverpool will (or already has) made an offer of 15 mill. Euros for the 22 year old Belrussian Midfield Player Alexander Hleb from Stuttgart.

I think he is very talented, but not sure if worth 15 mil.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I always take transfer rumours about Liverpool with a pinch of salt. Its ridiculous the amount of players the club is linked with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Agreed! I'm sure Viduka will be mentioned soon as he is on his way out of Elland Rd. Anyway 15 mill could be better spent (in defence) I'm sure.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

€15m for some lad nobody's ever heard of !!! Sounds like something GH would do alright. ;)

I heard an interesting comment on Sky Sports this morning regarding Micky Owen. 'His value is depreciating by £2m every month', considering he's out of contract in 18 months. He's more than likely going to wait to see if Liverpool make the CL places at the end of the season before signing a new contract. I think if Real or AN Other top European side put in a decent bid (€25m+) in the next transfer window in January, he'll be on his way out of Anfield.

Any thoughts ?

Originally posted by Space_Coyote
    €15m for some lad nobody's ever heard of !!! Sounds like something GH would do alright. ;)

I heard an interesting comment on Sky Sports this morning regarding Micky Owen. 'His value is depreciating by £2m every month', considering he's out of contract in 18 months. He's more than likely going to wait to see if Liverpool make the CL places at the end of the season before signing a new contract. I think if Real or AN Other top European side put in a decent bid (€25m+) in the next transfer window in January, he'll be on his way out of Anfield.

Any thoughts ?

To be honest, I dont think he will leave till he is 26 or 27. He is only after settling down with his new baby for one. I also dont think he would leave Liverpool purely on the basis that they dont quality for the CL... I predict he will sign a new contract, and depending how they get on over the next few years, make his decision then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭manic_monster

Has he not publicly stated that he well leave if they don't make the CL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

You are right. He has not publicly stated that he would leave Liverpool if they were not to make the CL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brucealmighty

To be honest, I don't think he will leave till he is 26 or 27. He is only after settling down with his new baby for one.

The rumour on the Street in Manchester is that Utd are gonna bid 25m for him in the transfer window. They are Only 30 miles away so that wouldn't cause too much Upheaval. Personally i could not see him going to Utd but then again who would have thought that Campbell would move form Spurs to Arsenal a few seasons ago. Owen wants CL football and he would be Guaranteed that at Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I was sure when I read the title that this would be a thread about liverpool being transfered into the first division!:D

Originally posted by brucealmighty
    The rumour on the Street in Manchester is that Utd are gonna bid 25m for him in the transfer window. They are Only 30 miles away so that wouldn't cause too much Upheaval. Personally i could not see him going to Utd but then again who would have thought that Campbell would move form Spurs to Arsenal a few seasons ago. Owen wants CL football and he would be Guaranteed that at Utd.

Oh stress... You should banned for saying such a thing!!!

Owen is a Liverpool supporter, thus hate ManU. Its like Rooney leaving Everton for Liverpool. It would never happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Owen is a Liverpool supporter, thus hate ManU
    Who Owen supports and hates has nothing to do with it. It's about making money at the end of the day. If the Liverpool board are afraid that MO will sit on his contract and leave on a Bosman, and Man Utd or whoever put in a substantial bid in January then there's a good chance they will accept the bid. I can't see it happening myself but look at Figo to Madrid from Barca. Nobody in Spain thought a Barcelona player could ever be sold to Real, but throw in enough deniro's and anything's possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

He is going no where with Liverpool sure they have the legend that is Mr Heskey to takeover they dont come any bettter than him and with Biscan and traore rock solid at the back of course Liverpool will dominate for years to come HAHA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Michael Owen has a clause in his contract that prevents him from joining another Premiership Team. This clause was inserted after Utd. bid €50M for Ferdinand and the Leeds board accepted. Funnily it was Michael who insisted on the clause as he wanted to make sure that the same didn't happen in his case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

Michael Owen will not join Utd, that is all i have to say on that subject.

Rocco:

Not very contributory. Traore is still very young and is a talented defender. CB's are not at there peak, like most players, until they are in the late twenties. If you seen the game against Utd over the weekend and indeed any of his performances this season you will see evidence of this.

As for Biscan, he is a CM that GH is trying to convert to CB. OF course it is going to take time for him to settle in, but IMO he is doing so and will be cover at CB once Boumsong arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Delboy79

Liverpool were linked to well over 100 players one summer.
    You have to take everything with a pinch of salt

You get some every day - - - Here are todays links

11/11/2003 Michael Owen ST Liverpool Barcelona £?
    Barcelona president, Joan Laporta: "The club has the capacity to sign Owen or (Thierry) Henry because it has credibility with the financial institutions. But of course, the decision must be that of the coaches."

11/11/2003 Jose Reyes FW Sevilla Liverpool £?
    It's reported that Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier watched the young forward in Sevilla's match against Real Madrid on Sunday.

11/11/2003 Eric Abidal DF Lille Liverpool £4m
    The Anfield club are reported to have enquired about the £4m-rated defender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

i hope Owen leaves. he deserves to go to a "REAL" team

Originally posted by Ronaldo7

So many bad things I wanna say.. Cant......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

Originally posted by Ronaldo7

Yeah, and ye deserve the 'REAL' Ronaldo rather than that dope ye have masquerading as him at the mo...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

hope Owen leaves. he deserves to go to a "REAL" team

He be a nice addition to their subs bench all right.

Originally posted by The Muppet
    He be a nice addition to their subs bench all right.

Thats the thing about the Real rumour, who gets dropped? Fair enough they could decide between Ronaldo, Raul and Owen tactically depending on what opposition they play. But I dont think any of them will be happy with a bit part...Oh, and Muppet there is no way I was going to rise to that blatant troll:D ;)

• Advertisement

While it is possible he will leave, I think he is too smart to go to Real as he know he could end up on the bench, regardless of ability..

Read this today:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/3262649.stm
    But while Owen said there was "no problem now", he added: "It is impossible to say about my future at Liverpool.

Suggest he is happy at the moment but is just covering his back in case he was to decide to leave.

If he was entirely happy - he wouldn't hesitate to sign a contract. Methinks he is just trying to keep the fans on his side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

When i said "REAL" - i wasnt talking about Real Madrid. I was talking about any other team thats not mid table in its league and can get champions league football.

So you mean Ron, that he should move from the most succesful team in English football to a different team is it ?

Liverpool are quite capable of getting champs league football, fourth place is pretty much up for grabs this season and that is a reasonable goal for Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tsangsl

TENSION!!!

As a Liverpool supporter it makes me sick to say this, but think that Owen will leave if they don't make the Champions League this season.

But at least Stevie Gerrard has signed!

Posted by MarcT
    Oh, and Muppet there is no way I was going to rise to that blatant troll

I dont get that. I was not trolling just making a point that Owen would not be guarenteed a first team place at real . You obviously understood as you address it in your reply.:confused:

There is a possibility that he may end up at the most succesful team in the premiership.;)

I dont get that. I was not trolling just making a point that Owen would not be guarenteed a first team place at real . You obviously understood as you address it in your reply.:confused:

There is a possibility that he may end up at the most succesful team in the premiership.;)

haha had me well confused too :) phew i am not thick

Amazing that Manchester United fans memories generally only stretch back as far as the start of the premiership. Now why is that.....

Amazing that Manchester United fans memories generally only stretch back as far as the start of the premiership. Now why is that.....

Interesting Topic, maybe you should start a thread on it.:D

My theory is that we dont need to go back into the dim and distant past to have happy memories of our beloved teams achievements.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Just to clear it up the Liverpool website looked into the resources behind the article on shoot magazine and came up with this.

So he's happy for now :)

Well the most successful team in the Prem is Arsenal as they are top...we can all be pedantic:)

Well the most successful team in the Prem is Arsenal as they are top...we can all be pedantic

LOL Dream On:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Oh, I see now, Muppet. You didn't mean the Premiership. You meant the history of the Premiership. Of course, you'd like to just round that off to the past 10 years. Whereas rounding your selective history off to 30 years would not make United the best team! Maybe you're suffering from that terrible selective amnesia disease that seems to affect so many poor United fans.

Anyway, back on topic. The only reason idolised players like Michael Owen seem to leave the clubs they've always been at is because of a serious fallout with the manager / staff (e.g. Robbie Fowler, David Beckham). As long as himself and Houllier are getting along ok, then I'd fully expect to see him stay at Anfield. Then again, half the world seem to think Houllier is mad, and is destroying Liverpool! I wonder if Michael Owen is one of them...

Oh, I see now, Muppet. You didn't mean the Premiership. You meant the history of the Premiership. Of course, you'd like to just round that off to the past 10 years.

Why does the premiership predate that?

:rolleyes:

Obviously I meant the entire league, but that might have been a step too far, huh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

i heard a rumour from a reliable source that everton are going to sell goodison park to tescos to buy michael owen and move into anfield with liverpool....

remember were you heard it folks...

Obviously I meant the entire league, but that might have been a step too far, huh?

Obviously I meant the Premiership, but that might be just too recent, huh?;)

Anyway we're off topic.

Actually, I'm more than happy with the current Premiership table. (The only one that matters really)

Read it and weep.

Actually, I'm more than happy with the current Premiership table. (The only one that matters really)

Of course but it really only matters in May. Who will be reading it and weeping then? Its not usually Utd supporters.:D

Have you a link for last years one at this time?

I'm sure I could find one. If I cared...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

The muppet:

Your arguments/retorts are immature, annoying and trollish.

I hope nobody takes offence to the above statement i mean i am only making an observation and i am sure that most will agree with me. Now to make my "topical" point.

Whether MO leaves or not is of no real concern to me. I am a liverpool FC man through and through and no player is bigger than the club. IMO we tailor our game to suit owen when he is playing. If we got the 25m+ for his transfer it could be well spent of Ciise and Boumsong to name but two. However i dont think he will be going anywhere as i firmly believe we will make 4th spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tsangsl

More rumours.

Rivaldo to Liverpool???

Rivaldo to Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭bazman

Cisse is that man for Liverpool, especially for £2m.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/3266637.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Muppet trolling in a Liverpool topic, well I never thought I'd see the day. Oh wait, I did - it was yesterday. And the day before that, and the day before that too and............

Imagine how a genius like Rivaldo would feel having to share a pitch with Heskey.

Muppet trolling in a Liverpool topic, well I never thought I'd see the day.

You are very selective in your comments. I only replied in kind to posts about Man U which were posted by others. It always amuses me how some slag Utd and their supporters in threads and then get all offended when their shi*e is challenged.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Imagine how a genius like Rivaldo would feel having to share a pitch with Heskey
    That shouldn't worry him, after all he shares the same birthplace as Utds new Step-over King!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Oh stress... You should banned for saying such a thing!!!

Owen is a Liverpool supporter, thus hate ManU. Its like Rooney leaving Everton for Liverpool. It would never happen.

actually as a boy he was a everton supporter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by mr_angry4

mr angry we know muppet is only about 10 years old thats why he cant remember.(he also has B.S.D. Bull-$hit disease)

please note i am only joking and this is not meant to offend the muppet (dont want to get a ban)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Rodney Trotter

I am a liverpool FC man through and through and no player is bigger than the club. IMO we tailor our game to suit owen when he is playing. If we got the 25m+ for his transfer it could be well spent of Ciise and Boumsong to name but two. However i dont think he will be going anywhere as i firmly believe we will make 4th spot.

What's with this "WE" lark?

What do you do for the club, apart from support it? If nothing, then you should use the word "THEY".

• Advertisement
Advertisement