Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple Static public Ips on eircom I-stream enhanced

• 08-11-2003 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Anyone set this up before, I have a block of 4 ips (only middle two usable) I cant for love nor money get more than one of the public IPs routed to machines on my LAN.

Router manufacturer says to contact ISP, ISP says "just assign the ips to the nics and it will work" :rolleyes:

I know i'm missing some really stupid basic setting somewhere, but i cant seem to find a simple step by step guide to setting this up anywhere.

many free pints for the man(or woman) who can sort this out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

All you need to is:
    Assign the 1st useable address to the router's ethernet interface aswell as the WAN interface (it's assigned via login anyway)
    Make sure NAT is off on the router.
    Assign the 2nd address to the NIC. Make sure you have the right mask, 255.255.255.252

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Oh yeah, something else will have to do NAT if you're doing it that way.
    Why do you need a machine having a public address btw?

Advertisement