Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Questions about electric drums

• 08-11-2003 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

I'm intrested in getting electric drums because because I wanna be good at drums as well as bass and to mess around on.I can't get normal drums because they are too loud for my house.How does the sound come out.I'm looking to spend about 400.

how about this sethttp://www.music123.com/Item/?itemno=85783&t=4#tab

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

IMO real drums are best and all ye gotta do is buy padded skins and covers and put a pillow or 2 in ur bass drum
    easy peasy lemon squeezy except for prices in ireland:mad:
    AFAIK electronic drums can sound bollox but thats not my opinion since i didnt play them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

The sound comes out through an amplifier and speaker, so have control of the volume, and you could use headphones if you wish. Although you will generate a certain amount of when playing them due to vibrations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Acoustics win hands down, but, I'm in a situation where I cant have an acoustic kit anymore so I'm using a Roland TD-6 Kit, and I love it. Just using headphones it's perfect, I have a Roland amp for it, but the louder it goes the more synthetic it sounds (and defeats purpose of electric drums IMHO!). Great for prac tho, can jam 6 hours a day with no complaints, even at 4am if you so wish! ;)

That said, nothing beats letting rip on acoustics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I advise getting another house! It's the only adequate solution...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

Electric Kits are pretty expensive tho....In Music Maker in Dublin teh cheapest is about 900 Eurons.....Me prefers Acoustic all the way...But you dont have to worry about much maintenence with Electric ones......Also me wishes me could jam at 2am....*sigh:rolleyes: ... Does anyone know if those mute pads for acoustic heads work? (to the extent of 2am jamming?)...the ones you just put on top of the normal heads??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

im pretty sure they work, but i recommend permanetly padded skins that you put in instead of just plain skins
    but i fink they is quite expensive :ninja:

Advertisement