Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3, UT ?????

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Coyler

yeah im down to 400*300 and its not bad but its still has a bad case of the jitters.Maybe hav eto wait for the newer drivers to utilize DX7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

the open gl mode works better for me than the D3D its something to do with the tnt loading the textures twice or something.

Driver update should sort it but for the moment the ogl werks better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Personal opinion: UT is the most innovative fps game I've seen in quite some time. Q3 will have a lot to live up to.

Reality: Q3 will outsell UT, its a simple fact of numbers. Quake has a larger fan base and there is a certain stigma attached to Unreal as regards netplay.

As you can see its all about names. People think; wow quake, it must be good.

Unreal?, oh isnt that meant to be really laggy?.

This is a real shame, its kind of like the old VHS/Betamax debate about 20 odd years ago. The better format lost out because the public were convinced that an inferior product was gods gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I just had a quick look on my work PC (PII 300, 64mb, 4mb Mystique, NT4, yep, my PCs that old) and was most impressed. Looking forward to checking it out at home in OpenGL. Bots play well, nice weapons. Can't decide on Q3 v UT until I play it a bit, though I've kinda gone off Q3 for the last week or two.

Still, nice change, and it's not anything like the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

MY GOD
    DID we not have this kinda discussion over q1 q2 ? which one was better ffs, ppl forget about it, play the one u like the most and get a life and stop posting please.
    G.

• Advertisement
Advertisement