Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Dvd Player Offer <Ad On Tv>

• 09-11-2003 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Not sure about model etc.

but caught an ad on tv tonight that Dunnes are selling a dvd player for €19.99 with 40 tokens.

Anyone work in Dunnes or know anyone in Dunnes that can borrow tokens?

tks

Neonitrix

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

you get a token for every €50 you spend, you'd need about 7 kids to get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

Spend 2 grand on shopping and save 40 euros on a dvd player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

[sarcasm]WOW!

what a bargin

/me rushes to dunnes.[/sarcasm]

what a rip off imo the dvd looks ****e anyway

better bargin is in power city the scott region free 5.1 sound dvd player 59 euros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Not plannin to go for it , but whats the closein date on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i think it's 4 weeks but don't quote me on it lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

read somewhere (check again later)

you gotta get like 6 tokens in the first week starting today to pay the €20 for it, if not then can wait another week and get two other tokens. So bascially spend 300-400 then 20 and you gots it. hehheh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

That ad was damn misleading on first notice. It just shot onto the screen; "DVD Player: €19.99" and I was like, "Woah, thats cool". It was only a few minutes later that it murmered its freakin' catch about collecting 40 tokens. It was pretty much expected, but it got my hopes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

it sounds like 40 but i think she is mumbling 14, that about €700, and the player is god dam ugly

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

Originally posted by f®eak_s©enery
    That ad was damn misleading on first notice. It just shot onto the screen; "DVD Player: €19.99" and I was like, "Woah, thats cool". It was only a few minutes later that it murmered its freakin' catch about collecting 40 tokens. It was pretty much expected, but it got my hopes up.

Welcome* to the Republic of Asterisk

*May not be welcome.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

you gotta get like 6 tokens in the first week starting today to pay the €20 for it, if not then can wait another week and get two other tokens. So bascially spend 300-400 then 20 and you gots it. hehheh

okay almost right.

Its 6tokens in first two weeks then a "/" 8 tokens in the two weeks after that, not exact words but I think it runs like this.

Either you spend 300 euro in the first two weeks and then pay the twenty, if you don't spend 300 in the first two weeks then can spend another 100 in following two weeks so 400 squids over 4weeks. Think thats it, no scanner and don't have the ad yet again in front of me. Was in the paper on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

me used to work in dunnes so going up to them tonight to get me some tokens :)

so anyone wana buy a dvd player for 50euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000DC3MW/qid=1068462717/sr=2-3/ref=sr_2_3_3/202-2524828-1032653

Multi region dvd player, STG£30 and free delivery. Go for this, methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭steviem

Multi region dvd player, STG£30 and free delivery. Go for this, methinks.

Methinks the delivery will be about GB£7.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/502482/ref=w_h__brbx_c_1_3/026-4382546-5936452#eu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Prefer one that does SVCD and VCD myself. I think the cheap ones in Powercity do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

Unfortunately all tokens are numbered and counted etc.
    So not much chance of getting free ones.
    Everyone working there would be getting one otherwise.
    (i work there)

Advertisement