Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i seen

• 09-11-2003 5:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

i seen the matrix today
    i seen the match
    ect...
    arrggg
    am i the only one left that thinks this is bad grammer , alot of people on boards use it and i see an ever increasing number of people use this grammer in real life

:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

is it supposed to be
    "i have seen"?
    i use both :D

people just type it like that because they are lazy:ninja:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I sore ih meself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Grim

but you know what they mean .. when they say 'I seen' ..

so does it really matter .. bout the grammer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Billy Turdhed

Tuxx well said.... I go mental when I hear this....also "I done"
    instead of "I did"

I have bad news for you however ...its gaining momentum..You hear it in every "Vox Pop" on the radio.

In answer to Grim ...Of course it matters....what do we want? Everyone speaking their own version of the language!
    Unfortunately the use of the above idioms immediately consigns the user to the lower stratum of society...like it or not.....and whether its true or not!

WM O Turdhed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by grim

but you know what they mean .. when they say 'I seen' ..

so does it really matter .. bout the grammer?

so if people want to use text speak on boards would that be ok with you?
    where do you draw the line?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Unfortunately the use of the above idioms immediately consigns the user to the lower stratum of society.

True. Like it or not, people do judge others on the way they speak. I feel sorry for ppl who come out of the educational system without learning how to speak English well as it does put one at a bit of a disadvantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

Terribly annoying mistake to have to bear. Anyone who makes it should be presented with a full force smack in the gob.

My geography teacher constantly makes that mistake. He also spells "Oslo" "Oslow". And "ruler" "rular".

He's not terribly bright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Terribly annoying mistake to have to bear. Anyone who makes it should be presented with a full force smack in the gob. My geography teacher constantly makes that mistake. He also spells "Oslo" "Oslow". And "ruler" "rular". He's not terribly bright.

That's disgraceful, coming from a teacher!

Advertisement