Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ya reckon

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FutureQuakeDood

Who are you Daaa dude and why do you think youre so important? I am bringing my p3 550, 21" monitor and will be playing mechwarrior 3, unreal and command and conquer red alert. Dev, wanna share my machine? If you do does that mean I get in free? <:--> )

Ya ma geta gay,
    Futu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Zeon

Who's DAA? what did he do? what's the event at croagh park? when is it? where am i? what's this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Zeeeeoooonnn
    This is not for you to know.
    The path is laid before you.
    The planet Ishkatharth must be destroyed.
    Theres a saying about your pigeons coming home to roost and daaaa's got a whole flock of them.

notice it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

Ah now Daaa will never come !

But I'll make him

and I was talking to Chrome and I believe he may well come along for a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 easy-bang=me

its during times like these that we need to reflect on our aims and goals in life and not be misguided by the dark side,

its during times like THESE that we need to reflect upon our beliefs and forgive,

let it go.

get a grip.

and forgive.

WhY cAnT wE aLl JuSt GeT aLoNg ?!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'll say this much - speaking from personal experience with Davey boy...

Online - a muppet - a complete muppet (I couldn't be arsed thinking up anything worse to say). In Person - quiet as a mouse. The threat of dismemberment by many is wenough to keep Davey in check. If he goes, he won't give any grief and will only pi$$ ppl off when he slaps them round servers (and ye thought he wouldn't do it last year).

I'm not a Daaa fan - but he won't do any harm. If he does, I'll personally be there as a bouncer (I'm getting Suds, Bubbles and Carnate in aswell. Email me if you're a fat ba$tard and are dead sexy and you can be a bounce too!!!) biggrin.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

We could auction him as the slave this year, and see if we can get any good foreign interest. Cobra springs to mind, wonder if he'd make a bid.

At the very least, the q1 players willl give up bidding at around the 0p mark, so the q2 players will have to put up with him for the weekend. Sounds like a good solution to me, and if were lucky maybe someone in somewhere like Tibet will buy him and we will never hear from him again....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

This whole thread is doing what daa wants. Getting attention.

Just ban the ****er from the event.

Even if Daa wasn't the annoying little **** he is online, no one in thier right mind should let someone go to a event knowing full well in advance that letting that person in is going to cause problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Creeper

Daa is reading these posts and breaking his ******** laughing at all of you. Just ignore him. If he comes to QPII, kill him.
    Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Woohoo!

Look at her go!

Who? Where?
    H0 H0 H0...etc

[This message has been edited by Q (edited 29-09-99).]

oops was that not allowed? sorry smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Dead{o}Santa (edited 30-09-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Wow, I've been on holidays for two weeks and in Paris, away from the boards and anything internety whatsoever, including my beloved Quake, there's so much new stuff! YAY!

But this thread, by far is the most entertaining...Sounds like a fun event, but I guess I'm not invited or whatever, even if I was, I'd guess that my real life would probably get in the way, just like it did for all those nethouse nights.

Now, onto the topic at hand, it is, as previously suggested, very simple.

You hold an event, someone who is a KNOWN troublemaker shows up, you throw him out as you would throw someone else out who actually got past the door and started trouble. How many Dublin pubs would let someone in who'd been calling up and making pranks calls? Would PostGem and IOL let some mad freak into The Golden Spider Awards if he had been sending abusive emails to all the MD's of Irish Web Design and ISP companies?

C'mon Folks, let's see some professionalism from the Quake community and make the right decisions.

P.S. Sounds like a rocking event, can I get an invite? *smile*

Lucutus of Borg, Prepare to be Assimilated

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Just sign up with the rest of us proles Lucutus, once the mighty Dev gets that bit organised smile.gif

Nice one Castor, I'll do that...

...Can I bring me P3 500/576RAM/TNT2?

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

It's an open event, he can come if he wants.

I don't think he'll enjoy himself much though, as I can foresee a lot of unhappy people frowning in his general direction during the weekend.

Kegs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

who you talking about kegs, Daa or Lucutus? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Polish

Can I come? :p

ChRoMe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Earth calling all insane quake people. Hello did you all just miss something?

Right its like this - If you allow daa or daa like characters to participate in this event, just because : "its ok, he'll be quite cos we will bust him". This is not the point.
    We cannot complain in one hand and be all lovely dovey on the other.

He has ****ed everyone round for ages, and I see no reason as to why he should be let go. I look down the list of replys here, and at one stage or another I have read complaint emails about him from each one of you.

How about this - I will just remove his ban from irc and #quake.ie, remove any glines and actively support his misbehaviour and general rudeness. Sure, I'll even give him OPS or an O:line. Let him run rampage for a week or so and then we'll see how clear all your memories actually are.

Who would possibly frown in my direction?

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Don't mind Kegser, he misses his pills occasionally. The rest of us just ignore him and it seems to do the trick smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

WHAA i want poon to go so i can see him in his X-Work jeans and wolly jumper

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

*Twitches violently*

I was talking about Daa by the way, I don't even know you lucutus smile.gif

And Shinji the reason I've lost my pills is that you took them.. ya bastid.

Probably sold them too... well either that or eaten them.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha I need my pills.

Kwagsar.

I know Kegs, I know. hence the 'Who would possibly frown in my direction' comment!

None of you people know me, I've never been to a LAN session with beer and Quake etc. *drool*

Hoping to change that tho, I could use some decent competition.

smile.gif

Lucutus of Borg

Yes, yes people would actually FROWN at me because they are wondering who I am!?!?!

Sheesh!

:|

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

doozers?, Fraggle lan?

suddenly I see the connection.

Shut up bob, before someone remembers where "the Electric Mayhem" originally came from wink.gif

Well then Lucutus, people would frown at you wondering who you were, wouldn't they?

I never touched your pills Kev, I have plenty of my own to be getting by on, although they don't seem to have much effect any more... NURSE! THE SCREENS!

Der... If we all keep bullying poon into going, it will happen eventually smile.gif Anyway, if he's not there, DzR won't even be able to field a full team in the first IUTCL event! Gasp! Not that it'll make a difference, but hey smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

haha yea we will there will be me junkie FB and my bro on someone elses comp tongue.gif

Advertisement