Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Tribune first with Royal Allegations

Options
  • 09-11-2003 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Has anyone seen the Sunday Tribune today (9 Nov)? I understand it's the first paper in the British Isles to publish the allegations in details. What exactly was said in the paper?

Comments

Well I read the allegations in full in yesterdays Irish Independent on Saturday 8th November.
    The story is probably available on line, if you sign up,it's free but you must register.

On a side note , considering there is an injunction forbidding this being mentioned on any UK media apparently, whats happening to tthe foreign press in the UK??
    Indeed the Irish Indperndent must have been on the shelves in Belfast yesterday?

Rminds me of that book they banned in the UK, a while back written by that Australian MI5 guy which was freely on sale here in the ROI , what was that again??
    This muzzle-ing is all a bit pointless and silly really.
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Are we free to post on Boards about this issue, or are they subject to the same injunction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Presumably, if the story turns out to be untrue, it would be libellous so we better all be careful about what we say.

Not only could the poster be sued, but DeVore et al could, as could whoever's hosting the server, providing the connection etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've got the Sunday Turbine but a quick scan did'nt reveal anything of great interest....thought it would have to be pretty sensational to get my attention at this stage.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭stuartfanning

The Sunday Herald in Scotland has printed the allegations according to BBC News

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3252911.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Originally posted by daveirl
    Actually my understanding is if you quote the source i.e. the paper then you're not libelous? Like the Ulrika Johnson stuff. They always said "John Leslie alleged to be the man by Channel 5...."
    It provides some defence but if the material is still libellous, you're in trouble.

Remember McLibel?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The articles quoted say the injunction is against those sources available in England and Wales. They're unlikely to pursue individuals. I mean check out the NG alt.gossip.royalty which is FULL of all the meat of the story.

What's most interesting is there's a link to the story from a post made in late 2002. The papers have known about it for ages but it's only coming out now. So to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by stuartfanning
    The Sunday Herald in Scotland has printed the allegations
    They may get in trouble if any papers are sold in northern England (the injunction covers England and Wales).

Advertisement