Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The future of #quake.ie ???

Options
  • 30-09-1999 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Well, 3 years have passed, quake is finally on its last breath, time to move on me thinks.

Even tho alot of people join #quake.ie most of them don't even play quake, and with other games becoming more and more popular quake will be buried.

The reason we all hang out in #quake.ie is because we all know each other from ****ups, 3 years of gaming etc.

Would it not be an idea to bury #quake.ie and make a general Irish gaming channel like #ign.ie for example. There we can all Irish gamers can hang out, oldies and newbies, the #quake.ie is gone so Irish gamers who play other games will join, and it will stop ppl leaving us to join #tribes or #ut.

Bascially a General irish Games channel.
    I reckon 1 of 3 ppl in #quake.ie actually still play quake.

Just an idea.

[This message has been edited by bubbles (edited 30-09-99).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

I reckon 1 of 3 ppl in #quake.ie actually still play quake.
    I think its a bit more that that maybe 2-3 but the channel has allways had none quake people in it.just looking at it now everyone there but you plays quake/quake2/quake3 cheeky.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    DK 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Not really chaos - most ppl there tried q3 like myself but do not play it regulairy, Quake 2 sucks, i know if 7 ppl who use the channel who used to play q2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i think you'll find alot of the folk in there still play qw or q2.

yes, just cause you dont see people playing it doesnt mean its not being played. I dont see anyone playing tribes but i think ppl play it....dunno why though cheeky.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    DK 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

wahts with all this need for change ?

be conservative man !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

listen I think quakes ****e, grand

But I dont get this idea that ppl can only play one or two games. Let ppl play quake, IMHO Q3A and UT will bury it, but people will always play QW and Q II - for whatever reasons. Let them away and lets not have this conversation for the millionth time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Thats my point. There are only a handfull of Die Hard quakers. For games why should we all be in a channel called #quake !! Another channel name would be better imo, might even attract some fresh Irish gaming blood - which is good because DeV has infected everyone in #quake.ie at the moment. dirty !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

I THINK IT'S A BRILLIANT IDEA, BUBBLES!

So **** off and create you're new channel and everyone who plays Quake can stay where we are, nice and comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Gah, why change at all. I mean, #quake.ie is where nearly all the irish guys hang out as their main channel. It feels like home, and it *will* lead to splits otherwise. Plus, you want to waste all the effort cloud put into those bots just for a pedantic change. I say we stay.

Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'm with Regi on this... it's just being pedantic to move at this stage.

Not that #quake.ie has ever been much fun as a channel anyway, a curse on IOL for shutting down their server and the original #doozer with it smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

#doozer is on irc.indigo.ie
    new base same auld faces....im even dayer..!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So why is it all taking place on and IRC server called Quakenet????

sunglasses.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

lol good one dav
    sunglasses.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    DK 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Old Ser

quakeworld wont die, only the players...

Advertisement