Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solberg wins WRC title

• 09-11-2003 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭

Congrats to Petter Solberg on his winning the World Championship, and congrats to Channel 4 on their very well done live coverage of the final 11 runners on the last stage. rallying live isn't the most stimulating of things normally, but they did it very well, switching between the various runners (the stage took about 7 1/2 minutes, so there was up to 4 runners on the stage at any one time, as they leave the start at 2 minute intervals) and having ongoing commentary from Robbie "I know everything about rallying, yet I don't compete" Head and Alistair McRae.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭James Hunt

Fair play to Petter, well deserved. The coverage was good enough, ben Edwards always makes things sound good anyway. Take it easy on poor Robbie Head - he had a monster crash a few years ago in a Megane probably scared the ****e out of him. Looked great on telly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 P_Doddy

Yeah,

Petter was the man of the moment! Loeb was my hero for the year ... unbelievable feat for a driver as new to WRC as him! I still think he couldn't of caught Solberg though!!

As regards Ch4 coverage ... it wasn't bad. There should be more live rallying on telly!!!

Did anyone else hear or experience that fact that they were charging £10 to get into some of the stages??

P

Advertisement