Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs Newcastle

• 09-11-2003 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

A great performance, players closed Newcastle down when they had the ball Veron Makelele Mutu Duff superb so was Lamps it wasn't a penno though but it was 2-0 then anyway.
    Newcastle didn't start particulary badly just CFC found their momentum.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Bridge is player who is beginining to shine 2 assists for him today.:)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I hate saying this as a United fan but Chelsea look unstopable at this moment in time. Duff is really shining with the good players around him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

This game was torture for me as a newcastle fan:) but I have to say chelsea deserved it, it was an outstanding performance! It would have been closer if Shearer Bellamy Woodgate and Dyer had been available.
    I really hope Chelsea win the title, I cant wait to see them get at united;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yea that will be a good one all right
    the new boys out to prove it with the veterens of the premiership!!

its on in 2 weeks right?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

Yeah its on the 30th (I think) and chelsea are at home. I cant wait to see how terry does against Ruud, I personally think him and Lampard are the most improved players in England, I'd have them both first choice for England

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

really excellent showing from chelsea , and an unchanged team from Lazio amazingly enough. I was a bit worried about playing a diamond against the geordies but with newcastle only playing Amoeba on his own up front there wasn't any great threat from them on the break. Makelele was absolutely outstanding , really getting to grips with premiership football now, and Duff was excellent...again.

Very lack lustre performance from newcaslte though, heads were well down , i even felt a little sorry for Shay.

The chants of "you're worse than Sunderland" reverberated around the Bridge once again.

Bring on United !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Makelele was a really great buy for Chelsea, if it wasn't for him I don't Duff, Lampard etc would get forward as much. He is a great safety net to have.

Madrid are idiot's for not giving him a better contact and letting him go to Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Originally posted by The FANJ
    Makelele was a really great buy for Chelsea, if it wasn't for him I don't Duff, Lampard etc would get forward as much. He is a great safety net to have.

Madrid are idiot's for not giving him a better contact and letting him go to Chelsea.

have to agree, protects the back 4 and feeds the front men. a different type of player to keane and vieira, but very effective and consistent. madrid miss him, and that will be shown in the later stages of the champs league.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Or just the other day when Real got thumped 4-1 by Sevilla :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

speaking of the sevilla game the ref gave 15 yellow cards and a red(for a game that wasnt near dirty). Which brings his tally to games=4 yellow cards =37 red cards=3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't think it would have been 5-0 without Duffer. Him and Mutu are the only players who run at the oppostion and if all the players put in the workrate that those two do the score would have been 10-0. I mentioned this before but I've been keeping an eye on John Custis's reports in the sun and he is so biased to Lamps. Here are his ratings:

Cudicini 7, Johnson 7 (Huth 5), Gallas 6, Terry 6, Bridge 7, Veron 6, Lampard 8, Makelele 6, Duff 8, Crespo 6 (Gudjohnsen 6), Mutu 6 (Cole 6). Subs Not Used: Ambrosio, Gronkjaer.

I thought Veron had a better game than Lampard and look at the ratings. No matter what anyone says Lampard is over rated. He doesn't put in enough work. When they played at home to Lazio I didn't see him in the first half until he hit the bar. Do you agree that if Lampard had played like Duff did yesterday he would have got a 10 in all the papers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Frank is not overrated he has come along way since his Hammers days he is improving his game each season he was always renowned for his runs into the box but his defensive displays were exceptional last season his final ball is also better this season hence: the pass to Mutu that got us back into the game against Blackburn, that is a total rubbish about Lamps not working hard he always does.
    Yes Veron had a better game than Frank on Sun but its Frank's consistent performances which had been keeping JSV out of the side, the diamond does look good as it allows both Bridge and Johnson to get forward.
    Glen Johnson is looking a snip at 2mil not the exagerrated 6 thats only depending on appearances. His feet are so quick and so composed for one so young.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just because the camera's arent on Lampard (or any player), doesnt mean he isn't putting in enough work, making runs to distract defenders warrants a good enough performance!

Anyway, good to see Ranieri filed the same team as he did in Lazio. I think he's finally beginning to find the team he finds works best!

Advertisement