Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBA SP price drop ?

Options
  • 09-11-2003 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

Think this will happen any time soon? I have the original GBA but the light is pissing me off too much so Im getting the SP but its €140 on its own - I can buy a gamecube and 1 game and have €20 left over for that price - Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I bought one on Friday. When you consider the price of a Gamecube it's way too pricy. I paid €175 for one with Final Fantasty: Tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i posted about this about 2 weeks ago.

the reason it's so expensive is that it has no real competition at the moment (i don't see ngage as a competitor) so they can charge as much as they like for the SP which is a shame cos i want to get one too but not at the price they are currently going for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I just think its ridiculous that it retails for €140 here while in the United States you can get one for more than €50 cheaper. True, you have to pay shipping and some people need to get a UK-standard plug adapter, but you're still saving alot of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Actually yeah compared to the price of the N-Gage (€300) and the price the PSP is going to be (€300 ?) it doesn't seem so bad.. but its still a ripoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if u build your own bundle here (english site in sterling)

GBASP with FF tatics is £109.99 which converted into euro is €158.96

it's 18 euro for the game considering this bundle if u take it that the GBASP is 140 euros

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Maybe with the realease of the PSP the price will come down, but the PSP will probably cost loads and will have ****e games compared to the GBA SP. So itll be awhile til we see a price drop. But as mentioned id rather get a Gamecube with Mario Kart than a GBA SP just for a mere 10euro more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

As much as I'd like to try Pokemon I'd feel very self conscious playing it in public. :)

Advertisement