Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Divx's playing upside down?

• 09-11-2003 9:02pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Quick question, nearly all divx's and vids are playing upside down and in mirror format
    just seemed to happen out of the blue, have downloaded the latest divx and this is really head wreakin, anyone have any idea's as to whats wrong?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Check your windows display settings. What sort of graphics card are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Dl and use sasami2k, u can flip the video back the right way round. You might want to find out whats causing it the initial probl, as inverting it might take up processing time that might slow the system down. But if u have a fast enough computer u shouldn't notice any difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I got that when i was tryin to play a movie - turned out i didn't have the right codecs

i have all of these installed now with no probs with movies - tsunami filter pack, Xvid, klcodec205f
    Just google em.

CombatCow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Had the exact same problem.
    I uninstalled Nimo's codec pack and installed the klite one and it sorted it :)
    Nimo's one can be dodgy, but the klite one seems ok.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Already have all the codecs months, have nimo's ones, never caused a problem before
    klite... you mean kazaa lite.. no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Yeah tis the kazaa one.
    Try remove the whole lot an reinstall, or run the g400 program that comes with nimo and untick the invert image

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

easy solution...turn your monitor up sidedown!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

uh, don't like Nimo's pack, there are too many useless, and once i installed them, they flipped and degraded my quality, so i stay with Klite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

banbutcher lol! the best solution!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

go with the kazaalite codec pack imho. had same problems with nimo too.

seems to pop up out of the blue then change back and forth every now and again. you should get a blue icon (or a swirly black one, can't quite remember which one does it) by the clock when video is playing anyway. the settings to invert/flip/mirror etc. are all in there and will do the job in a pinch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Alanm

When you start your divx/vid you should get a yokey running in the taskbar. If you double click on it you should get loads of options! There is a force vertical flip option that should sort your problem!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by PPC
    Yeah tis the kazaa one.
    Try remove the whole lot an reinstall, or run the g400 program that comes with nimo and untick the invert image

I've used this option to flip it while I get the time ton uninstall and reinstall programs, thanks for the help lads. appreacated ;)

Advertisement