Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICS - explanation

Options
  • 09-11-2003 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I have a 2 computer home network with ICS installed on the host. ICS worked fine for 3 weeks then suddenly stopped. All the settings were fine and I could ping both directions. As a last resort, I uninstalled and re-installed ICS and bingo it worked so I'm back in action. What I'd like to understand is - how could it suddenly stop working when none of the settings had been altered?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Magic

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

Windows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

To expand on Acous' point, ICS is creaky software that depends on a creaky OS, IMO. I know it works for a lot of people, but as with many M$ products, there are bugs in it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

ICS don't work too well because you are supposed to save up and buy Windows Server with DHCP, and then save some more for Proxy server and then save even more to get IMS or whatever they call thier firewall server...

Like works vs. office and the inability of XP home to log onto domains.

You can't expect any company to sell you something that undercuts one of their other products and works just as well.

Advertisement