Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

random bollocks

Options
  • 09-11-2003 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

themetallifan@yahoo.co.uk

Hey all. I love muse metallica and all rock metal =bands except stinkin' korn!
    Email me if you live near Clondalkin/Palmerstown/Ballyfermot/Lucan etc! and we can chat.
    Thanks !

What do you think of the irish music scene at the moment 11 votes

Absolute bollocks. The record bosses should be shot!
    0% 0 votes
    Bad
    27% 3 votes
    So-So
    18% 2 votes
    Good
    36% 4 votes
    Excellent
    9% 1 vote
    **** hot. It's never been ****in' better so shove your opinions!
    9% 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

The music scene as a whole is shite, but some of the metal bands are quite good. I really like Scavenger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭pyramid man

this is the irish music scene. not the irish record scene.

the irish music scene id thriving and there are more young hopefuls going out and playing music at the moment than ever before. the result is some of the best music that ireland has ever produced.

the record scene is pitiful. irish music bosses could not tell there arses from there heads at the moment.

the result is good music being freely available in most towns around the country, but that there dreams of getting signed are not being met.

thats all i will say on the matter.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by pyramid man
    the record scene is pitiful. irish music bosses could not tell there arses from there heads at the moment.
    Tells the story about Ireland in general I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Anyone who waits around for a record deal deserves failure.

It's never been easier to record and release your own records. For too long bands have looked at a recording contract as the Holy Grail when, more often than not, it is a ball and chain which has been the demise of many a potentially great band.

It's time Irish bands got their sh*t together and put out their own CD's. Even if bands got together and put out compliations, there are enough independant record shops (Sound Cellar and Road Records in Dublin to name but two) around the country who'd be more than happy to support independant music. Plus there's that thing called the internet.

If you build it, they will come :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

im actually really getting into some irish artists
    i hated it 5 years ago coz they were all old and playin bogger music:ninja:

but now, ireland has alot of talent, hope it goes somewhere!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement