Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Vodafone Live Camera Phone

Options
  • 10-11-2003 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭

Just to let you all know about the new Sagem MyV65 being released by Vodafone on Monday.

It's going to be only €179 in a Ready to Go pack which is quite cheap considering its features.

I was playing around with one Yesterday, and reckon is probably a better buy than the Sharp GX10i.

It's got everything the Sharps got inc Triband and InfraRed ... Camera picture quality is a least as good as the Sharp and it's got 4 levels of digital zoom.

Also it's not only polyphonic but you can record a your voice and use it as a ringtone.

Also it comes with software for connecting to your pc with the Infrared with which you can create mms messages on your pc and send them then through your phone... downloading the images from the phone to the pc and vice-versa is easy also.

For a cheap phone, I was impressed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Forgot to show a picture ...samyv65.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

The MyV-65 gets my seal of approval for being a sturdy little phone that does what it says on the tin. It's cheap too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Why do vodafone insist on putting their butt-ugly branding on all their new phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is this in shops yet? I need a new phone and will probably pick it up tomorrow if it is. Is it definately only €179? Seems very, very reasonable for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Yes, it's in the shops and is only €179. Got one today.

The Sharp is only coming down to €249 in Ready to Go on 17th ........

The Nokia 3510i has been reduced to €99 in O2 Speakeasy and €139 on Meteor and has been discontinued by Vodafone from their Ready to Go Range .... interesting ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Weird, I was only checking out the MyX6 online last nite, prices and specs etc. Very good package for the price. It beats Meteors latest, the Siemens MC60 at €199 hands down based on specs/size/price, though Ive never used either yet.

You say MyX65 tho - Sagem dont list it on their site? And it does look different to the MyX6 as pictured on Sagem.com

pic_big_mob0.jpg

http://www.sagem.com/mobiles/mobile/index_mobile.php

I also get nothing when I google "Sagem +myx65".

It is listed as taking pics at 640x480 - do any other currently on sale camera phones go this high? I know the 7250i and the Siemens MC60 max at 350x288

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 DaveK

It's a different type of phone, but the SE P800 can take 640x480 pictures; I think that the N3650 and N7650 can also take pictures at this resolution.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I spotted the phone in the Xtravision "gift guide calalogue" today. It says though that the phone will be €209 or €199 as an upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

what about this one?

http://www.meteor.ie/phones/phonedetail/siemens_mc60.html

Just noticed we have it in work, At 5:55. So didnt get a chance to look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got one (the MyV65) yesterday and I have to say I'm very impressed. It's got so many great features for the price-tag and looks pretty sexy too.

Advertisement