Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of The Rings FOTR DVD price error fixed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

I've ordered it for 99p - so we'll see what happens....

viking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i also ordered it. can anybody tell us if theirs has been sent.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

the price error only started about 1 hour b4 I posted so dont expect anything to be posted for a few days yet.

Neonitrix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Tried it just there but the price went up to 17.99 GBP at the last step.

Dag-nabbit.

yeah they just fixed the error 2 minutes ago.

Neonitrix :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

up to £17.99 again now.

I guess we'll see if they honour it, or go and do a komplett on your asses and brand you all theives and scoundrels for trying to take advantage of their stupidity.

don't theyknow it's the 21st century?

Originally posted by vibe666
    up to £17.99 again now.

I guess we'll see if they honour it, or go and do a komplett on your asses and brand you all theives and scoundrels for trying to take advantage of their stupidity.

don't theyknow it's the 21st century?

This is there worst price mistake but they have honoured other price mistakes in the past.

so be hopefull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

just got an email saying they wont be filling the orders, ahh well worth a try.

Yeah, I got that mail too. It said that LOTR:FOTR was only available at £3.99 when purchased with LOTR:Two Towers for a combined price of £19.99.

However, I never saw any mention of that on the original page when it was priced at £3.99. Neonitrix, how did you come across the price discrepancy? Did you do a search for LOTR:FOTR and you found it for £3.99? If so, then they should honour it at 3.99, otherwise if it was a direct link that you wouldn't normally come across unless you went for their "combination deal", then I wont pursue the matter with them.

viking

I found the price error on the main page of blackstar they have a chart of bestsellers and it was no 17 in the chart.

I too agree that they should honour their mistake but what can you do. They didnt take our money so dont have to supply. but it was worth a try anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

same happened to me....hmmmm i would like to do something about this.
    It was advertised forthat price, i bought it for that price.
    Thats false advertising!

toil

I was going to reply to Blackstar's email so I did a bit of researching:

On Blackstar's Terms and conditions page (http://www.blackstar.co.uk/help/help_terms) it states the following
    The display of goods on the BlackStar site amounts to an invitation to treat only and is not an offer to sell goods at any price indicated. No contract for the supply of goods will be deemed to exist between you and BlackStar unless, and until, an email is sent by BlackStar to you confirming that your order has been shipped.
    Also on the ODCA's website (http://www.odca.ie/cfmdocs/c_query/ad_mislead.cfm):
    ...the consumer does not have an automatic right to the product at the lower price. A price indication on a product is what's called an "invitation to treat"; If the consumer is advised of the correct price before purchasing, they are not entitled to the goods at the lower price. In this case, the consumer has a choice of rejecting the goods and not buying them, or, accepting the higher price and making the purchase.

Looks like they have every right to withdraw the offer and not honour their mistake.

viking

Advertisement