Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q2 tourneys at qp2

Options
  • 30-09-1999 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

ok, i have decided to get of rear-end and do some organising of some q2 trourneys at qp2. and this time it wont be drink related

can ppl please reply here if they want to be in any of the q2 competitions.
    i plan to run a duel, a 2v2 and a clan comp
    if any of the q1 lads want to put a 4 player team in, then reply here also as there are only about 3 clans in ireland at the mo. unless dzr decided to reform for one last bash (hint hint)
    and since my own DF are irelands no1 clan at the moment, i will give them automatic qualification to the finls and the rest of yis can slug it out heheheh

for the 2v2 matches mail me or reply here and you will all be put into a hat and drawn out. twould be too unfair to have 2 excellent players rodger their way through the field and an open draw would be more fun. besdies, we'll get to see who is better with their comms wink.gif and we all know df comms rule the world (thanks very much SS smile.gif)

if anyone else has any bright ideas for a 4th or 5th q2 tourney, post here and we'll see if we can put it into effect

white(the judges discission is final)wash

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Irelands no. 1 clan my bollix smile.gif count me in for any and all compos, and HIV for 4 player clan games - perhaps Noggie can try and get some of the UK lads over, so we can see what Akira is like on a LAN smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

id CTF tournament. Would be class on a LAN if we could get the numbers for it.

it would be good if clan members were sitting together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

put me down bit rusty but ill still KICK YOUR ASSES (or at least try too :p)
    Oh and put my bro down too (tecno)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

put me down for stuff to...thank you kindly eamon.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

yep, good lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

I'm bringin twister btw, for when the beer starts flowin. HAHAHAH mental image of Rev playin twister jus popped in me head. HAHAHHA

Day uve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ripper

Yep I'm in definately.
    Me being duel king and all.

how about me and kegser as a duel team. that would be fair.

[This message has been edited by Ripper (edited 01-10-99).]

Mark where are you ta ****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Hmm I'll probably play even though erm... I only play UT or something.

That's my excuse.

Kegs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Put me in for everything!!

On the notion that the 2 v 2should be picked out of a hat.....hmmmmm.....that defeats the whole compeditive nature of the game. You will have no chance to get any sort of tactics worked out....and unless you pair up with your first choice you'll be ****ed off and team moral won't exactly be at an all time high. This would lead to a i dont give a fek attitude....hence the whole standard of competition will be ****e.

At the end of the day whoever wins should be THEE BEST pair in the country...not the best that came out of a hat....thats daft!!!

On another note....CA will be there in force!!! So 4v4's all the way!!!...No UK Clan League maps though!!!! Twould not be fair!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

on the 2v2 thing we will get a pair like junkie and peter pan together and everyone else may as well forget it.
    anyway, i dont see 2v2 as a 'serious' comp. more like an amusing interlude, and therefore shall be done out of a hat.
    anyway, there are ppl out there who are better at team play and less individualy skilled. its all about the comms my man.

the clan will be done in league format over 2 maps methinks and the duels will be done in...erm, i think that might be a knockout comp smile.gif
    i will have it 'arranged' so that anyone who is in any way decent with the rail will all be bunched into one half of the draw with me firmly in the other half!

team maps will be dm1 (yuck) dm2 dm3 dm5 and dm8
    2v2 maps will be dm1 dm2 dm3 dm5 and match1
    duel will be dm1 (yuck) dm3 dm7 and match1

i reckon it would be a great laff to have a big ffa on some of the 64 player levels?
    whatcha think. i have never played them except for bots and that only gets up to 24 bots at once. havin maybe 40 ppl on one map at once would be a good laff.
    sure we can even try it on dm7 with weapon stay on smile.gif

erm....if pete and junkie want to play together...deadly....that just make the comp better. You can only learn if you play a better team than you, not one good guy and someone fairly average me thinks.

I am all up for the craic and it will be but you gotto pick who your with. Imagine me getting picked with castor 01 or 02!!! HAH

In the name of ermm...somebody...lets pick our own teams!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

i would like to play the duels for the sole purpose of making people run from my horrible MISSILER and HYPER-THROWER weapons, unless there is a quake1 competition on at the same time

well, if the people want to pick their own teams then thats what the people will get
    however, i will wait for more people to voice their want for own teams. most ppl ive talked with think the idea of an open 2v2 draw is better. it averages out the teams and makes you work that little bit harder.
    personally i dont care. im only organising it.

You'd have a problem being picked with me, would you Creative??

Not at all.....I think you're a fine player.

Imagine me getting picked with castor 01
    or 02!!! HAH

What's that all about then?

well at least he doesnt fall asleep playing,
    uinlike during beer drinking smile.gif

Well, at least i'm more recognizable than you, to judge by the incident at mcgowans t'other night tongue.gif now get back to work you idle scruffbag!!

It's quite simple......Judging by the level of friendlyness and the warm welcome you showed to all us boggers in the pub and in particular you throwing me an evil eye worthy of your namesake from Face Off when I said hello to ya which was followed by.....well nothing really....not even a hello back...not even a grunt. I would have to question how well we would operate as a team....communication skills and all that craic.

THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!

• Advertisement

It's quite simple......Judging by the level of friendlyness and the warm welcome you showed to all us boggers in the pub and in particular you throwing me an evil eye worthy of your namesake from Face Off when I said hello to ya which was followed by.....well nothing really....not even a hello back...not even a grunt. I would have to question how well we would operate as a team....communication skills and all that craic.

THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!

oooops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

yeah but can you not understand him collie?
    i mean you are a bit of an ugly ****er....

Well now, you were sitting at the other end of the table, and i do not recall you saying anything to me, nor indeed did I cast an evil eye at anyone, particularly you. I didnt even know who you were until about half an hour before I left, on account of no introductions whatsoever having being made.

If you said hello to me and I did not respond I apologise, but i have no recollection of that whatsoever. You may rest assured that I would have responded in kind, as a well known gentleman smile.gif So may I suggest you relax slightly, as one non-response to an un-heard greeting in a noisy pub is hardly grounds for animosity, now is it?

well i know who i'll be 'drawing' out of the hat together wink.gif

and creative, stop picking on my housemate. hes very sensitive you know

ahh i dunno...ya can dress 'em up but ya can't bring them out....tsk

I have no objections to being drawn with Creative, if there is a draw, hes an extremely good player, and i'm sure this 'misunderstanding' is of no consequence. Sure would be better than being picked with ye Eamo, housemate or not tongue.gif

and maybe some ppl wont get picked at all wink.gif
    anyway, all the girlies think im fly
    an so does sheron

ah well Eamo, you're in work and i'm sitting at yer comp playing TeamFortress which works no bother btw and is also quite brill smile.gif

• Advertisement

pr1ck!

i couldnt get it to work last night.

thats it, im changing passwords and getting retina scan security.
    w@nker
    by the way, i'll prolly be out all tomorrow at a christaning, but i'll want me pc back at about 9 so i can play tfc smile.gif

Advertisement