Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eve Of Destruction

Options
  • 10-11-2003 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Did a search and couldn't find any recent threads relating to this mod so I started a new one :p

Its now at version 0.21 and looking really good , and playing very well too .

here is a link to the web site

http://www.planetbattlefield.com/eod/index2.php

Give it a try .

It is now my favourite BF mod!

John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭preytec

ye i love that mob
    here's an addy to get it from, no Q's
    here
    but you'll still need to patch it up to .21% here

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Fav mod meself lads,
    I stop play for about 2 weeks, and now there a 270DL for EoD
    550 for DC(sometimes like to play every few weks) and a 48meg for BF 1.4 to 1.5
    so much happenin!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

error while installing eod .20 is this
    "Eve of destruction 0.20 has not been totally installed because of the following reason.

this file contains invalid data

you will have to run this utitily again to compleate install eve of destruction 0.20"

Tried a few times, still same error, i am upgrading from version .12
    and I have also just updated BF1942 to 1.5

any idea's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Maybe a bad download? I've gotten something similar once or twice before, even though I thought the file had downloaded properly. Try downloading it again (not a nice prospect I know).

ffs, not nice at all. downloaded DC last night, ain't played it in ages, i like the new maps, kinda remind me of cs, and cars an forks are deadly to drive lol

• Advertisement

Downloaded off Blue yonder, working grand now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ill have an update on EOD as soon as more news about alpha .3 comes out. So far the screen shots look well. Some good new veichles will be in it too by the looks of things. Some mirrors for .2 and the .21 patch are below for your pleasure.

icon-Windows.gifEve Of Destruction .20 (275mb)
    » http://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/battlefield1942/modifications/eveofdestruction/patches/win32/EoD_Alpha_v0.2.exe [ Blueyonder ]
    » ftp://ftp2.extreme-players.de/battlefield/mod/eod/EoD_Alpha_v0.2.exe [ extreme-players.de ]
    » ftp://ftp.gamesurf.de/pub/pc/fps/battlefield1942/mods/EoD_Alpha_v0.2.exe [ gamesurf.de ]

icon-Windows.gifEve Of Destruction .21 Patch (6.2mb)
    » http://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/battlefield1942/modifications/eveofdestruction/patches/win32/eod_alpha_v0.21_patch.exe [ Blueyonder ]
    » ftp://ftp.gamesurf.de/pub/pc/fps/battlefield1942/mods/EoD_Alpha_v0.21_Patch.exe [ gamesurf.de ]
    » ftp://ftp4.extreme-players.de/bfmods/eod/EoD_Alpha_v0.21_Patch.exe [ extreme-players.de ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

Im sorry i've never heard of that mod. Whats it like? Is it based in new battlefield maps?

What is the game based on like is it based on a new age of fighting or is it still WWII?

:confused::(:confused::(:confused::(:confused:

:D :cool: :D

Eve Of Destruction is a Vietnam Mod for Battlefield.

plain and simple.

Though many believe the mod will become useless with the release of Battlefield: Vietnam by Dice/EA on March 5th. Pity, at a time you could really see the mod going somewhere but then they had a few setbacks. Gutterfunk [EoD founder] leaving was one of them, though he did leave for the DC team, so i guess its not that bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Just to add to that , EOD is a lot more man to man combat , much less reliance on armour and technology .

and it has hamburger hill:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

never really got into eod myself, dont know why, it was always there in my mod list, but dc or secret weapons seemed to win everytime.

although i am quite excitied bout bf:vietnam.

[btw jonski id reduce the size of your sig if i was you, lest the sig police be after you]

Roger that.

Is that still to big ?

actually there is somewhere here i can read on this isn't there .

See the Newbie FAQ page. there is a sticky at the top about it.

yeah , I was reading it as you were posting

Had to reduce it so much it just looked silly , so I'll go without .

You said eod is good hand to hand combat but waht exactly is that mod?
    I have RTR SWO-WW2 i had desert combat but whats eod and what does it stand for?

Winters i would appriciate it if you could get some pictures on both of these (EOD+EVE OF DISTRUCTION).

Thx :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: ww) :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

LOVE that film Hamberger Hill hehehehe is it a good map?

Originally posted by Irish_Kamikaze
    You said eod is good hand to hand combat but waht exactly is that mod?
    I have RTR SWO-WW2 i had desert combat but whats eod and what does it stand for?

Winters i would appriciate it if you could get some pictures on both of these (EOD+EVE OF DISTRUCTION).

EOD is Eve Of Destruction.

link ,

http://www.planetbattlefield.com/eod/index.htm

John.

Thx m8 but i dont know if i should download it with out a few opinions of the game!!

What did you think of it??

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Thx m8 but i dont know if i should download it with out a few opinions of the game!!

What did you think of it??

Ah , erm , I started this thread , did u read any of it ?

I mean what do you think of the game play can you describe to me how much better it is than other mods or than bf1942 i need to know if ITS WORTH DOWNLOADING?:mad: :mad:
    You said you liked it but what do you mean by like whats different about it than bf1942 E.G. new guns, new boats, new cars ETC.
    :mad:

:mad: :ninja: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

well, em.

as said its vietnam, so it has all the basic veichles from that war between the americans and north vietnamese.

so yeah, different weapons etc than vanilla bf.

Smarty Smarty!!

We all get our camuffins some time!!
    :D:D:D :ninja: :D:D:D

THX For not answering my question fully:eek:

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE GAME:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yur only just a couple of weeks late with the reply like :D

Originally posted by suppafly
    reply :D

God man you is sad you must why do you want me to just reply :cool: :D

hahahahhahaa just two days later!!!

:rolleyes: :ninja:

you must why do

Typo missprint:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Typo missprint:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

there is an "Edit" button...:rolleyes:

With all the updates comming about BF: vietnam , here's something I came accross in irc tonight from the EOD guys

[19:42] <Eddie_12354Guerrero> I like this mods style and simplicity...imo a perfect facsimile of the real war as a agme.
    [19:43] <Eddie_12354Guerrero> game*
    [19:43] <void|nethneta> there will be plenty of time to enjoy .3 before BF:V is even released
    [19:43] <Eddie_12354Guerrero> u just cant get enough info from sites so is there a good one out there that keeps us fans up to date?
    [19:44] <Eddie_12354Guerrero> probably a 2 month window till we see it?
    [19:44] <Eddie_12354Guerrero> is that a good estimated time for us in anticipation?
    [19:44] <Eddie_12354Guerrero> <Eddie_12354Guerrero> im thinkin EA may have gone too "comic book style" with it
    [19:44] <Eddie_12354Guerrero> * Jonski has joined #eodmod
    [19:44] <void|nethneta> 2months before .3 ? much less
    [19:44] <Eddie_12354Guerrero> sweet
    [19:47] <Eddie_12354Guerrero> so maybe a month then?
    [19:47] <Eddie_12354Guerrero> to any one out there who knows
    [19:48] <void|nethneta> maybe less, impossible to tell.... but we're definately in the finishing stages
    [19:49] <void|nethneta> all the new vehicles are in-game and working
    [19:50] <Eddie_12354Guerrero> thanks for the info...as i said false info is obtained always on message boards

Advertisement