Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestling - When's it on?

• 10-11-2003 2:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Please forgive me but when and where is wresting on the tv.

I enjoy watching it on Friday and Saturday night's at 10pm on Sky Sports, but problems with those days are that I could be in the pub and miss it.

Am I catching the first viewing of them? If not when are they on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

First viewing if i'm not mistaken Bullman:

RAW: Sky Sports 1 - Saturday mornings at 1am (subject to change when they feel like it, seeing as we're five days behind the yanks)
    Smackdown: Sky One - Sunday mornings at 1am (or 1.30, they tend to move that as well) It's also on Saturday mornings at about 10.30-11ish but i'm never awake for that!

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Usually the early morning shows of SD are censored and kinda annoying. Chair shots etc are left out and you get a close up of some dude in the crowd instead!

They generally don't censor the night viewings.
    SD is on Sky Sports Saturday nights/Sunday mornings but as Nero said they change the schedule whenever they like.

The late night shows on Sky one are usually censored or else the shots go to the crowd. I know for a fact this weekends one was!

Nero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

bottom line, afterborn and heat are on on sunday from 5-8 sky one (they are a roundup of what happoned)

smackdown 6oclock on sky one but this is sencered

wrestling 5:30 every monday to tursday sky sports one(could be on sky sports 3 or 4 )

3:00 in the morning sky sports one friday and saturday if you get outa the pub in time (good for falling asleep infrut of)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

sky one hevally cencer wrestling no matter what time its at
    sky sports dont but they dont show one legged men being thrown down stares

• Advertisement

I always wondered what the fuss behind all that was...
    Sky One won't show a stuntman in a wheelchair bring thrown down a flight of stairs, but 12 years ago, they had no reservation whatsoever to show a guy with a snake knawing on someone elses arm!

I dunno, production editors of today... wasn't like that in my day *schnipp until ramblings about the price of milk start...*

Nero.

Censorship is wrong!
    If you don't want to watch dont!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

they also tend to edit out women getting slammed sometimes which is really annoying considering they give out a warning before the show. then there was the Playboy thing also cut from Smackdown because of the UK's anal advertising on tv shows rule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

"Censorship is wrong!
    If you don't want to watch dont!!!"

The censorship on sky one is to stop kids watching violence which may be inappropriate for their age group ..... they used to broadcast smackdown on thursdays without the cuts, however, I guess not many people wanted to watch that, and it got taken off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

what would be nice would be to see RAW a bit earlier than Friday night. it goes out in the states on Monday so i would be really happy if Sky showed it on a Tuesday or Wednesday to avoid people telling me spoilers

when do the WWE send the programme over here does anyone know. is it Monday night/Tuesday morning??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Originally posted by Cactus Col
    "Censorship is wrong!
    If you don't want to watch dont!!!"

The censorship on sky one is to stop kids watching violence which may be inappropriate for their age group

I think you'll find Gilly is referring to the Sky Sports late night showing being censored not the Sky One show. They should never censor the late night show apart from maybe the McMahon's taking up all the screen time, they could gladly cut some of that out.

Yes. Of course they should censor the Saturday morning stuff!
    Not for kids.

Advertisement