Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Alarm Recommendation?

Options
  • 10-11-2003 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good car alarm.
    A DIY jobby and reasonably priced.
    Or suitable website from where it can be got.

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lucian

We do the Cobra Car Alarm (3193) for 5 long years and never had any problems with.

It's my top recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Personally I don't bother my ar$e with alarms any more, just fit an immobiliser (spelling?). Car alarms are just about as annoying as house alarms these days, and I think they are as just about effective as each other i.e. not very.

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by Dr. Dre
    Personally I don't bother my ar$e with alarms any more, just fit an immobiliser (spelling?). Car alarms are just about as annoying as house alarms these days, and I think they are as just about effective as each other i.e. not very.

Thing is though, if your car is parked in front of your house thieves are less likely to chance getting caught if an alarm goes off so will move on to an easier target, ie. one with no alarm. Obviously in this case you would need a visible deterrant so an alarm with a flashing light somewhere visible. Immobilisor is a must though. Most thieves are just scumbags chancing their arm for a joyride or whatever and wouldn't be able to bypass the immobiliser.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I have a Sikura alarm on my 97 reg since new.
    Only prob is the keyfobs are inclined to stop working every 2 years or so (€15 to fix both) !

No problem with the alarm unit itself though (fingers crossed).

Advertisement