Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Outlook

Options
  • 10-11-2003 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

Can you put various email accounts on MS outlook?

You can have various accounts on Outlook Express - but what is the story on Outlook?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

You can set up as many accounts as you like using outlook, but (as with many mail clients) you can only set up one outgoing mail server iirc, which can be a pita if you need outgoing mail using a different outgoing mailserver for each account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭ciderandhavoc

Er, thats not true!

Whichever account you are sending email out on it will use that mailserver.

If I have three accounts

god@myjob.com
    god@myname.com
    name@imgod.com

You can specify an outgoing mailserver for each one, and when sending mail, U can choose which account to send it out on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

My apologies if what I said was incorrect, I don't use Outlook habitually, I was working from (an apparently faulty) memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Does it just work like multiple accounts on Outlook Express?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Most versions of Outlook have two "modes" when setting up profiles and email addresses - corporate (ie the way it used to be in outlook 97) and whatever you call the other one that resembles outlook express

The button you are looking for is called "reconfigure email support" but couldn't be arsed remembering where it is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭oakers

Spot on again Cap.

the "Reconfigure mail support" button is situated in under "Tool" then "options" and then (I think) it's at the bottom of the "Mail Setup" tab!

Granted, this isn't so on outlook 2002 or 2003 which can have anything set up at the same time. I think 2002 (or XP) was the first one to do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the other thing worth mentioning, is that if you are going to have mroe than one email account coming in, you'll want to set up a mail rule to filter the mails from each account into subfolders within the inbox, or you won't be able to easily tell what mail is going to where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 horacember

ohh is there a way to setup "profiles" in outlook xp or 2003 as in outlook express? ... with the fun of user names and passwords? ... rather than all email addresses in a compose window dropdown like I use now?

Advertisement