Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operator on the line

Options
  • 10-11-2003 1:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Operator on the line
    09/11/03 00:00
    By Catherine O'Mahony

Back in January, Scotsman Stuart Hepburn admits, he knew nothing at all about Eircom.

He found out about the telco's chequered history - including its much-hyped flotation, share collapse and return to the private sector - only when the company began to headhunt him from investment bank UBS Warburg, where he had been global marketing director for three years.

Hepburn is now Eircom's marketing director, and has ordered a complete overhaul of its marketing operation.

Since he arrived in July, a whole division, marketing communications, has been eliminated. Twenty people have lost their jobs, around 20 more are doing new ones and the rest are doing their old jobs as well as handling the work of their former colleagues.

[...]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

He fired 20 of them :D
    He buried the RAT , can we get the suit for the National Museum I wonder?
    They have beome unusually compliant with Truth and Decency over at the ASAI

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

He'd probably have a lot more credibility if he'd gone in, fired the 20, buried the rat and left immediately afterwards. IrelandOffline members would probably erect a statue to him or something. :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Wow the Marketing Director managed to get a positive story in the papers about Eircom. Isn't that part of his job ?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

At end of article...
    He says that internal re-search has shown the company has not been damaged by the corporate woes of its past. "I think the Irish can be a very forgiving race."
    Guess he has a bit to learn about the Irish :)

Martin Harran

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by DonegalMan
    At end of article...
    Guess he has a bit to learn about the Irish :)
    Martin Harran
    I think what he actually meant is that he can get away with practically anything :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Originally posted by BigEejit
    I think what he actually meant is that he can get away with practically anything :eek:

I think what he is trying to say is that Eircom can get away with anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Past and present performace bolster his beliefs then.

Advertisement