Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITF TKD Mpegs?

• 10-11-2003 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Could anyone out there help me with any info on where I could download any ITF TKD patterns mpegs. Want to compile some info for a college club.I would be grateful for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

tut tut tut, ya have to buy the videos ;) lol. Make your own :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Those guys in the previous link seemed to show very little sine wave in their motions.

Here's another possibility

http://www.mackenzie-taekwondo.com/patterns.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

if you look at the chon-ji video, when the instructor blocks, his block doesn't come to a dead stop, he 'bounces' an awfull lot, don't you think?

Also, for both the rm and mov files, are these the correct speeds for doing your patterns? I Have seem people do patterns in a more controlled speed, more consideration, and I've seen people trying to break speed records ;) whilst doing patterns. What is the right speed?

I just had another look at the mov files, but I definately prefer the german ones, they just look tighter and crisper that the guy bouncing and waving his arms around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

To me the german ones look very stilted, there is no sine wave movement present, I looked at the German WonYo since that is my pattern at the moment, and the timing is definitely off (too fast) compared to what I've been taught. The girl demonstrating it does the second movement too fast for any one to see, and only does a partial circular block.

The ones I suggested are a bit more exaggerated (all that bouncing), but for me, they are closer to what I've been taught in terms of timing and full movements.

The problem is that the interpretation of patterns varies between organisations so that what apears correct for one is different for another.

My instructor has an ITF cd-rom with mpegs of all the patterns on it and it's the best I have seen. I must get a copy of it.

Each pattern has a certain rhythm which you are scored for in competition. Chong Ji is straightforward but when you learn your next pattern Dan Gun, some movements flow together. Don't ever race through a pattern though. take your time and finish each section or movement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 heat

The chon-ji video does seem to be very fast but about the guy only bouncing his blocks and not stopping fully.Ive seen a 6th Dan doing the same and he also bounces the block.But the power is still there, he just relaxes very quickly.Hard to judge it from a video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

yeah, took a look at the Chonji video and it seems like he's dragging his feet when he moves backwards.... Arnt' you supposed to raise the foot moving back up enough and keep it parallel to the floor when moving back? Oh and the bouncing thing, sure isn't it better to be loose than rigid? :)

the Dan-Gun vid seems ok :) execpt i can hear his feet dragging hehe, same with Chonji

Advertisement