Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QP/Dublan Vistors?

Options
  • 01-10-1999 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

I ain't going, got no PC, best mates 21st all weekend, but i might jam in for sat morning or sun morning for a few hours to say hello to the boys. I don't have to pay the full whack do I? Cos like i'll only be in there for an hour or two, i won't even be playing.

Devon? Pretty please...

Mickah

P.S. I'm broke and a poor lowly student.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Jaysus lads. The other posting is too long now but I have to say 'Dublan' is the tackiest name that could have been chosen. It's like, nerd joke of the week. Hey "Joe Soap are ye coming to our games convention? It's called Dublan. Huh huh geddit. Huh huh"

M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i'm worried that we'll get invaded by strange dj types sad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

'Dublan' is a terrible choice.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You're right Vorosha, yours were much better...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

why dont we follow a certain company's lead and call it Eirlan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

yea dev

there should be a reduced rate 1 day or half day charge !

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll see what can be done about a single day ticket...
    Usually they charge half the price of a 3 day ticket to discourage people coming for 3 separate days etc...

I have to keep the price in line with Gaelcons as you get entry to their area too (but they dont get entry to ours).

I'm sure something can be worked out.
    It was last year...

Dev.

Mickah, talk to me privately and I'll what can be done about access for a few hours.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

brown paper bags...bungs....backhanders

its all very cloak an dagger stuff tom

any idea how much us puter bringers will be paying? i think it was about a tenner last year wasnt it and 20 quid for non puter bringers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

**** that, how much are the pints!? wink.gif

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Wow, fe<k is a bad word.

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Hey what do you Think of this name.

ConEIRE.

I like it.
    The one problem I see with DubLAN,is that if the contest is held down in COrk the next year or Cavan even or Wexford smile.gif. In that case we can't stay with the name DUBlan. Imagine CavanLAN tongue.gif or WexfordLAN (nothing against cavan or wexford by the way tongue.gif). So an Irish based name would probably prove to be alot better.

[This message has been edited by Jedi (edited 05-10-99).]

Advertisement