Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for hardware

• 10-11-2003 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

A few weeks/month ago there was a rather tasty wireless router on komplett (Asus WL500G). I went on about it's marvellous function and low price for ages but never actually bought one because I didn't have DSL, therefore having no use for it. Now I find myself on the short end of a DSL installation and looking for one of these beasties. Komplett dont stock them anymore and I've tried several other suppliers to no avail.

What I'm basically looking for (if anyone can suggest an alternate product) is a wireless router, preferably 802.11g (but I'd settle for b) with a 4 port switch and a print server (either USB or parallel).

If anyones feeling majorly helpful, I'm also looking for a DSL modem I can use with this router and if at all possible, some power over ethernet kit to supply power to the modem.

If it comes to it, I may just end up buying a seperate wired print server and getting a d-link wireless router. Theres no getting around the power over ethernet option as the phone socket is some 50ft away from where I'm putting the router. I have a 50ft RJ11 extension but I'm a little skeptical about using it for speed reasons.

Anyway, if the above completely falls flat on its face, I may just end up dragging a load of cat5 cable all over the house and wiring up everything...

Advertisement