Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of RAM have i got?

Options
  • 10-11-2003 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

hi i searched these boards and the net about obtaining your RAM type without opening the tower(messy and dusty).
    My friend said he had a DOS utility which printed out nicely:
    128MB of SDRAM PC133.
    Now that's what i need but he lost it or something, so does anyone know of this job at all? cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

How about the old BIOS that could always hint at something the clock speed of the RAM etc.... There is always the old internet search..... If that doesn't help here is a nice page with quite a few programs that could help I would suggest the top one AIDA32 it should tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by colincarnate
    My friend said he had a DOS utility which printed out nicely:
    128MB of SDRAM PC133.
    sounds like this...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I know this sounds stupid but..

If you are thinking about upgrading your memory you will have to take the top off anyway. And usually this guarantees 100% accuracy when counting the number of free slots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭colincarnate

nice one boys, thanks.

Advertisement