Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to onnecting multiple audio & video sources

Options
  • 10-11-2003 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of buying a projector for the house but as its only got one video imput I wondering how to connect up the following.

DVD, PS2, VHS, GBC, XBOX, 2 x Sky Digibox and hopefully Sky+ the all have SCART - jack cables as the moment but you can imaging the wiring mess behind the storage unit.

An additional problem is that I want to hang the projector from the ceiling which will be a fair distance (wiring wise) from the video sources.

I don't suppose this can be handled wirelessly?

Any suggestions would help, I'm unders orders to make this a TIDY setup ;)

Any suggestions would be great

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?view=1&id=6383&type=6&path=21x157x333

Might Help, there are various different type of jucntion boxes.

Mounting on the ceiling requires long cable and lampshade can be a problem, well was in my case so mines going to be moved into position each time I use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Most A/V amplifiers/receivers have video switching built it (I presume you have one if you are looking at getting a projector?). This is nicer than the Peats box and can be operated through remote control.

What's the input type on the projector?

You could use a 2.4Ghz video sender, and do it wirelessly, but picture quality would be degraded. I think you'd be better off cabling it. Personally I have my projector on a small table at the back of the room - this works better than a ceiling mount as we have high ceilings, which would require a large amount of keystone correction. It can just be put away when not in use.

Advertisement