Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I want a mate

• 10-11-2003 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

It's time, I've messed around for too long and now am ready for the real stuff. Trouble is the pool has shrunk considerably and it's difficult to find a woman who I can see myself settle with. Even those I've let go in the past, because I didn't think they had the 'it' factor are congealed by now. What am I to do?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I suspect this is a troll

however, I will leave it open for a little while and see what happens

What am I to do?

what exactly is it you want us to tell you here?

what age are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Busy Hands

Well I don't really know what I want to be told. The point is that I'm in crossroads city and I am unsure of the best course of action. i.e. give up on 'happening' upon the one and settle for a nice stable lass, or wait and see as there is someone for everyone supposedly and possibly be left in effective limbo for the next 40 years. I'm just gone 30. Trust me, this has nothing to do with the fact that "4 weddings and a funeral" was on tv over the weekend. Movies have no affect on real people's lives!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

hmmmm

bridget jones....

nice set of baps...

nice little skirt....

**** i'm in work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by Busy Hands
    ...Even those I've let go in the past, because I didn't think they had the 'it' factor are congealed by now....

...congealed - thats a bit disturbing...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i see its another "oh my god, i'm 30, my looks are fading, help me find a man" post, except by a dude. relax man, you'll find the right gal.

• Advertisement

or wait and see as there is someone for everyone supposedly and possibly be left in effective limbo for the next 40 years

that is the only sensible course
    probably as soon as you stop looking, someone will turn up

I'm just gone 30

you are hardly over the hill yet
    relax
    see how it goes

settle for a nice stable lass

this would suggest to me that you are trolling, who in their right mind would 'settle'?

Originally posted by Beruthiel

settle for a nice stable lass

this would suggest to me that you are trolling, who in their right mind would 'settle'? [/B]

I dunno what working with horses has got to do with it...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i think you'd be suprised at the mount of guys who have the "screw around till i'm 32, find a nice little wife, dont matter who she is as long as she can cook and keep the bed warm" philosophy on settling down.

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    I dunno what working with horses has got to do with it...:D

that's a whole other thread
    and one we won't be discussing in here!
    A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭skittishkitten

Originally posted by ferdi
    .......... dont matter who she is as long as she can cook and keep the bed warm".......

Hmmmmmmm...... put his bed on the stove and you can do them both at once :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭sinus

internet dating!!!

it didnt work for me - be hey its a laugh....

Personally i think its better to wait out for the ONE! but why not have fun waiting!

Originally posted by sinus

Personally i think its better to wait out for the ONE! but why not
    have fun waiting!

I thought that guy in the matrix was the ONE....:confused:

Maybe you'll never find the one...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭The Second

.. I don't understand how you could "settle down" ... if that isn't what you wanted to do? ... seems like a form of torcher to me ...

everyone has this damm fear of dying alone... you should read the thread titled 'Find Love'... there are a few pros and cons listed bout the whole buddying up thing... but thats considering you are in Love ... if you are just settling then forget it... go find someTHING to love as opposed to someone ... *as in 'thing' I mean a hobbie... or a place .. not a blow up doll!*

... and continue on pleasing all the other lonely thirty year olds sexually! ... if you haven't bonded by now... the chances are you don't know how to.

Sorry.. thats harsh.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Go to one of those speed dating things, supposed to be a good laugh and ya get to chat up loadsa women... what more could
    you ask for?

Who knows ya might get lucky..

But as Ber has said, ur hardly over the hill.. if you go looking for
    things like that, you'll never find them.. so just go along with
    things and who knows, ya might get lucky..

Tox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

The point is that I'm in crossroads city and I am unsure of the best course of action. i.e. give up on 'happening' upon the one and settle for a nice stable lass, or wait and see as there is someone for everyone supposedly and possibly be left in effective limbo for the next 40 years. I'm just gone 30.

Its just a 30s "crossroads" thing, if you don't dwell on it it will pass.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭hipchick

Yea just a 30 something thing.....in a couple of weeks you'll prob be back to your old self and thinking what the hell was going through my mind....

Never settle it makes for BAD relationships!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Busy Hands

Well, the advice seems to be to ride it out (pun not entirely intended) things will sort themselves out in time. Maybe, but Ferdi - "i think you'd be suprised at the mount of guys who have the "screw around till i'm 32, find a nice little wife, dont matter who she is as long as she can cook and keep the bed warm" philosophy on settling down." - is right, if not a little coarse. Your mindset and requirements do change and not neccessarily out of the awareness of your age. You do tend to listen more to Frank Sinatra and less to Linkin Park, because that what you now like, not because that's what you think you like or what you're supposed to like. So I reckon I'm contemplating taking things seriously now, while I never had to in the past, because "ahh there's plently of time for that sort of thing when I'm older".

Advertisement