Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv to laptop

Options
  • 10-11-2003 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me how to connect a tv to a laptop, i'm a novice in this area.
    what cables do i need and how do i set it up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Does the laptop have a TV-out port? What brand is it?

If it has an S-Video out connection (say for example a Dell), you will likely have received some kind of S-Video to Composite cable (usually about three inches long). So, plug this cable in (if you got one) to the laptop, connect this cable to your TV using a standard composite cable (plug into the yellow jack on your TV), in the display properties for your latop (right-click your desktop), choose settings, then typically [advanced settings], displays.
    Use the available options to switch on the TV-out support.

Finally, switch your TV to the correct AV channel.

If you want your sound to go through the TV, you'll need something like an RCA to composite cable (plug into the head-phones socket on the laptop, and the seperate red and white stereo jacks on your telly..

Hope this helps..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

thanx for the info!!!!

Advertisement