Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Broadband

• 10-11-2003 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Is Satellite broadband available in Ireland, and if so, would this same service be available to the user if s/he was to travel abroad, without any need for reconfiguration of the client setup?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Media Sat

do a googler on them for more Info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

i would presume that if your big-ass satellite was easily portable, and you'd have no problems sticking the big-ass satellite on a nearby roof in the foreign country, and that you still could aim it towards the correct place in the sky, there wouild be no problem.

But check with your ISP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Satellite Broadband:

cpsat
    silvermead
    Digiweb
    mediasat

Also, europe online, sat@once..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 SomeFink

If you have sky digital installed is it true you dont need a dish for some of the satellite providers.

If so what would be the best option to follow? has anyone this setup at the moment, what are the costs and speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

Thanks EuroRunner. I checked out all of those links and by far the most impressive seemed to be CPSat

They are UK based and deliver the service via your existing Mini-Dish. I believe I will need to purchase a Skystar 2 TV PVR card for my PC at a cost of 55 pounds sterling.

They have a large coverage area and I got a very prompt reply to my email querying whether they cover Dublin. Here is the reply

"Yes this is possible, we currently have customers in Moldavia, Romania, Republic of Ireland, Iceland etc..

If you need anything further please let us know."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

if your looking for a skystar2 pci dvb card ive got one for sale if your interested?

i was with silvermead for 3 months but no longer need satellite broadband, its around 4 months old, mint condition, will work with any provider, and you can watch all your free to air tv stations

gimme a PM!

Advertisement