Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building PC and need advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

links to products within the komplett site don't work, it just redirects to the front page...

my advice isn't worth **** anyway:)
    /edit
    hmmm, they seem to have fixed it (or i was imagining it all along)

go for a radeon 9600/9600 pro graphics card anyway, geforce's are worse for tv out, and just plain worse...
    (judging by benchmarks anyway...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

thanks for the advice i will look into them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I wouldn't go for that graphics card m8, get the Powercolor Radeon 9600 pro for the same money in this weeks offer :)

This card will vastly outperform the FX5200

thanks for the recommendation. the graphics card has been updated.

think i will order tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by tman
    links to products within the komplett site don't work, it just redirects to the front page...

first time you click it redirects you to the front page. Everytime after that you go to the product specified in the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Dont get that kit.

Get a P4 2.6c, Abit IC7-G, Abit supply the SATA cables with the board so you dont have to buy seperate.
    I got the 512Mb kit EL DDR PC-3200 Platinum Dual Channel - OCZ from www.shop4memory.com (under DUAL CHANNEL CAS2 DDR RAM PC-3200 section), excellent RAM. Wont regret it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Dempsey
    Abit supply the SATA cables with the board so you dont have to buy seperate.

I bought myself a MSI KT7 [or something of that nature, SocketA] a few weeks ago and it came with two Serial ATA cables. If its retail more then likley you will get the cables.

thanks for the advice guys. will look into that today

regards

Advertisement