Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a Bargain??? AOPEN DVD DRW 4410 €120

• 10-11-2003 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi

A friend in Spain said that they have the AOPEN DVD DRW 4410 for €120 including delivery within Spain. They don't deliver outside Spain.

Do you think this's a Bargain, should I order 1 and wait till my friend comes over next month?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭ando

Are you on about the MSI DVD-burner martin?

Jesus I was in Dundalk today and a sales guy came upto me and tried to sell me something very similar for 240quid... he was saying it was 80quid cheaper than anywhere else! YA RIGHT BUDDY

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

You really want one that has both formats, + and- signe.

Ando

No it a duel version NEC 1300. It writes both + and - format and you would have a better warrenty option than buying from spain. Its a bear bones package no extras such as media or software will be included.

Martin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Just ordered my Pioneer 106 from Dabs.com.
    €155 delivered to my door. €55 cheaper than Komplett.

Have a Look

It's £80 sterling, including VAT, but unfortunately they nab you for about £24 for delivery (shameful).. Still €55 cheaper than Komplett makes it a real bargain... It's OEM, so no cables, software, etc..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Heh, everyone is buying them since they came down to about the 150 euro price point, got the LG-4040B ordered fro 128 euro, also oem. Can't wait for it to be delivered.

Just a word of warning to all intended purchasers of DVD writers. Unlike CD writers the DVD writers are very different when it comes to media. You generally get what you pay for and cheap DVD-R/RW or +R/RW discs are often unwritable depending on the DVD writer. So search the web for issues regarding any DVD writer before purchasing, although most problems are fixable through firmware updates. Do your home and avoid the frustration. From one already frustrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by Jorinn
    Heh, everyone is buying them since they came down to about the 150 euro price point, got the LG-4040B ordered fro 128 euro, also oem. Can't wait for it to be delivered.
    Where did you get it at that price? how much p&p extra?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

can get lg4040b bulk off jes-computer http://www.jes-computer.de/catalog/default.php?cPath=116_88
    for 122euro plus 17 euro shipping and 4% paypal charge. cdfreaks.com did not rate the lg good in their review . komplett.ie dvd burner prices are a rip off. overclockers.co.uk are selling lite-on 411s and 811s at good prices. i myself might wait for the 811s to go down in price from 180 euro it is now incl. delivery. other good german sites are computeruniverse.de and jacob-computer.de .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

www.overclockers.co.uk and www.blankdiscshop.co.uk are the best option for writers and media.Delivery is cheap too.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by mayto
    can get lg4040b bulk off jes-computer http://www.jes-computer.de/catalog/default.php?cPath=116_88
    for 122euro plus 17 euro shipping and 4% paypal charge. cdfreaks.com did not rate the lg good in their review . komplett.ie dvd burner prices are a rip off. overclockers.co.uk are selling lite-on 411s and 811s at good prices. i myself might wait for the 811s to go down in price from 180 euro it is now incl. delivery. other good german sites are computeruniverse.de and jacob-computer.de .
    Actually I picked the more expensive LG drive over a nec 1330 because of positive feedback I saw by both buyers in various forums and by review. *shrug* And yes, that's where I got it, I got a HD and router at same time so shipping was basically 6 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

pioneer models-current 1 being 106 are the best in my opinion-most reliable and compatible.have a 104 myself and has dun hundreds of burns and still going strong.blankdiskshop and bigpockets.co.uk do em cheap

yeah, but couldn't stretch to a pioneer, apparently the problems encountered with LGs was with the firmware, apparently upgrading to vers 301 give you far better disk compatability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by MartinCorcoran
    Just a word of warning to all intended purchasers of DVD writers. Unlike CD writers the DVD writers are very different when it comes to media. You generally get what you pay for and cheap DVD-R/RW or +R/RW discs are often unwritable depending on the DVD writer. So search the web for issues regarding any DVD writer before purchasing, although most problems are fixable through firmware updates. Do your home and avoid the frustration. From one already frustrated.

Any more info on that mate? What problem are you having for instance?

I found the whole issue of DVD burning to be less straight forward from CD burning. Firmware updates, identification of media, identification of the actual burner as opposed to the badge on the unit. This plus the different issues around the softwarr - Rippers, Transenders, Burners. The type of DVD, duel layers etc all add up to a less than straight forward procedure. However I did find the site www.dvdhelp.com invaluable and a must for potenial purchasers of DVD burners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Ummm I like the look of the Teac DV-W50D on OcUK. Is that any good?

Then again if I had one of these would I need a DVD burner?
    Scan NQ7100 DVD player/recorder? http://www.northq.com/products/dvdharddisk1.html

Advertisement