Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Recycle Bin- last refuse of a scoundrel

Options
  • 11-11-2003 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Ok, so here's the thing- I don't want to post this in feedback/suggestions because it'll end up where? The recycle bin.

To be honest I post a lot of sh1te that people just don't get, or if they do they don't really wish they didn't. I exxacerbate this, of course, by sticking up for Paddy20 everytime someone tells him to shut up- this can only serve to cement my standing as someone who lives on the fringe. All I have ever asked for is a little piece of boards where us outcasts can call home. I had my hopes with the Paddy20 forum but that was all dashed.

The posts that don't end up recycled generally end up killing whatever thread I posted a reply to. Shame really. But I spend more time reading recycled threads now than anyplace else. I find them more interesting. Surely I'm not the only one.

Anyone else feel like this?
    Anyone else wish they could just post new threads in there?
    It'd save me a lot of time if I could just post my rants and raves and stupidity directly into the recycle bin. It would save the mods a lot of hassle and I wouldn't have to feel that my opinion is always invalid. <sigh> :rolleyes:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Just get a blog instead. People can reply to you as well then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

aye, the recycle bin should be accessible to everyone.
    pisses me off no end when an interesting conversation gets killed off by a thread being moved

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by tman
    aye, the recycle bin should be accessible to everyone.
    You can add to a thread there if it hasn't been locked. You just don't get to start a new one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Only mods can reply to unlocked threads on the recycle bin. Surely the Recycle bin shouldn't be available to anyone to post in (except for godly mods of course ;))

Why don't you ask to be banned Beer Baron - then you can post to your hearts content on the Prison forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Hello Sico!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Gordon
    Only mods can reply to unlocked threads on the recycle bin.
    Ah, my mistake (never noticed that)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

oh, the temptation...

But seriously, like it or not this is not the right forum for this and its going to be moved to the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Please read the charter for the Recycle Bin, folks.

Any posts moved to the Recycle Bin that even vaguely make sense are in violation of the rules.

Any mods caught moving sensible threads to the Recycle Bin will be banned for two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

1st of all I'd like to say to monty the reason I posted this in after hours was because I felt anything goes in there and if I posted it in here originally I think generally people would feel like I was taking the piss and with good reason as I generally do.

I'm not here to do that, some people of course could criticise me for attention seeking, which isn't true although I do like the sound of my own voice and I tend to go off on wild tangents or jump aboard my soapbox at the nearest opportunity. It's just who I am and I like who I am.
    Only thing tho, it seems almost everytime I express an opinion or make a joke I get a Red Card, a this isn't the topic this or this isn't the thread for that or a combination of any or all of the above.

So I looked into the journals thing, thought- yeah that might suit me, I'm sure the BeerBaron's journal would get a lot of hits. I'll blow my own trumpet here and say I've made "beards" one of the most amusing PI threads for a long time, and even more so, I'm more proud that my participation ratio on one of the most recycled threads in boards might mean there's hope for me yet. Thing is, I dunno what the story is with getting a journal, you get it free with a suscription a/c I'm told, so if someone could tell me a little more about that I'd be happy and maybe shut up. Might suit me down to the ground.

damnyanks you mentioned a blog, is that the same thing or is there a blog section here, or did you mean one elsewhere?
    A guess a little advice (rather than advisories) perhaps is all I'm looking for, anyone could point me in the right direction?
    By that I mean someplace that isn't prison (I do like the grey tho) bubbles, or the big X @ the top right corner of my screen?

Pretty please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by sceptre
    You can add to a thread there if it hasn't been locked. You just don't get to start a new one there.
    d'oh!
    i must've been trying to reply to a locked & moved thread then...

• Advertisement

You have to subscribe to get a journal (blog). It's on the subscriber page. It's 50 euro a year if I remember, it gives you shiny red stars and email and custom avatars and blogs and free Swedish massages every boards night out from Azezil.

As to where the subscriber page is, it could be this link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscriber.php for you but for me it takes me to the subscriber options because I am subscribed.

The infinite quirk of life is boards eh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I assume I also get my own funky ass title under my name like "nit picking bastard" or "annoying git" instead of Insane Poster or what have you- so everyone knows what I am! :cool:

Yes BB, unless you remain unsubscribed and annoy ecksor or DeVore to the nth degree they may just add that tagline for you. You need to really annoy them though to do this. Like, for example, if you created 11 threads on Feedback asking for different boards. You know, beard boards, cd holder boards, merkin boards, ambidextrous boards, search engine boards, type as fast as you can boards.

The list is endless, and as pointed out in another thread - all these boards will be used, don't worry, they will have traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by The Beer Baron
    so everyone knows what I am!

I'm not sure if "Wanker" is an acceptable tagline.

.logic.

You need to really annoy them though to do this.

I'm not sure tho- you think I can really be that annoying? :confused:

I'm not sure if "Wanker" is an acceptable tagline.

hehe- another one that slipped thru the censorship script. I mean I could put wanker, but that's too obvious and it doesn't really denote any originality really. I mean I'd like to think I'm different, even Total Wanker is a bit too generic don't ye think? But yeah I'll give your suggestion some consideration, "going blind" or, "totally addicted to neutrogena" or some such- can't think of anything witty right now but I'll get back to you.

Ok, so...right I've done it again.
    Wonder where this'll end up now??:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

wanker.... hee hee hee

Advertisement